RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
R.I.P Keith Emerson!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supafuzz
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: R.I.P Keith Emerson! Reply with quote

Age 71 died last night.
I got to hang out with him backstage at a show he sat in with the band that went on before we did and we got to talk for about 15 minutes. Really sweet guy

ELP my guilty pleasure music.

R.I.P.

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3
variableD
ass engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: R.I.P Keith Emerson! Reply with quote

He didn't just die peacefully in his sleep. He shot himself in the head. Who does that at 71 years old? There's got to be more to the story.
drumsound
TOMB Moderator
TOMB Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: R.I.P Keith Emerson! Reply with quote

Its sad news. I heard he was sick and in pain, including nerve issues that were making it hard to play. He was frustrated and depressed. What a sad way to end an extraordinary life.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
variableD
ass engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: R.I.P Keith Emerson! Reply with quote

Apparently he was worried that people would be disappointed that he couldn't play as well as he used to. I wish it had occurred to him that people would be more disappointed that he was gone, forever. He could have cancelled his tour and retired from performing... he could have kept composing, and let other people play his compositions. Everybody gets old (if they don't die first). There's no shame in it.

I know, it's not as simple as that. He may have been clinically depressed, and that goes beyond any logical arguments or reasoning. I just hope anyone else in a similar situation would consider that suicide is a bigger let-down to fans than some misplayed notes, and reconsider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: