RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
guitar tuner bushings - thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: guitar tuner bushings - thread? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone know the thread size on standard bushings for closed guitar tuners? The one I measured looks like 5/16-34tpi, which is so weird it's surely wrong (I hope). I'm going to need a bunch, and it'd be much cheaper to make my own - trying to figure out if I can find a die or if I'll have to do it on the lathe.

Thanks!
Drone
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: guitar tuner bushings - thread? Reply with quote

The bushing the post passes thru the headstock in? All the ones I've seen are press fit.

Look at stewmac.com they generally have the specs of things.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Tuner_Parts/1920s-style_Tuner_Bushings.html
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: guitar tuner bushings - thread? Reply with quote

They're threaded, like for these:
http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Gotoh_Schaller-style_Knob_Individual_Tuners.html

Maybe they're metric...sure measure awfully close to 34tpi, though.

Found a large lot of these bushings for a good price; hoping they'll work...still seems weird I can't find the thread size anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: