dual-subwoofer monitor setup?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ashcat_lt
tinnitus

Post by ashcat_lt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:43 pm

I'm really not trying to say that any of these other guys don't know what they're talking about. Just that this works really well for me in my room.

JWL
deaf.

Post by JWL » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Yeah, I agree having stereo subs makes sense.

But keep in mind that a lot of the low frequency content of music (ie, kick drum, bass, etc) is mixed in mono most of the time. So even if the subs are in stereo, they will still effectively play in mono most of the time, esp if they are crossed over at 80Hz or so (as is quite common).

There are ways to place multiple subs in a room such that it minimizes the interference. Research that, and like I said, experiment.

mrc
re-cappin' neve

Post by mrc » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:39 pm

I use dual subs in a room 11x13x8 plus a side closet that ends up making another room on within 4 inches of the same size, 10'6", on one demension. It has a lot of bass trapping, but I don't mix above 80 db, and probably average 60. I do find that it changes the field if only one is connected. It could possibly be a room problem. I've got test equipment to check in late July, when I'm done. Some work is left, and I have a lot on my plate.

chorga1
pushin' record

Post by chorga1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:42 pm

In that price range you should look for some used REL T1, T2, or T3.