RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Latest thing you've built?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

opposite of what it wants - a rosin dispenser might be useful, but it actually seems to stick well enough with occasional application. i imagine the wheel will break itself in with time, one way or the other.
mrc
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

Perhaps an under saddle pickup could be used wit a DIY DI. Actives work best for those pickups.
ubertar
cryogenically thawing

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

Finally finished installing a pair of quadraphonic bass pickups (my "plus" series) in my Epi rock bass. It has 16 switches. Each pickup can be sent to either a multi-pin output for separate processing or get summed to a 1/4" mono out. If only one or the other output is being used, the switch acts as an on/off instead of either/or. That takes care of 8 of the switches. The pickups are humbuckers, with coil taps. Each string's pickup can be set to single coil or humbucker. That's the other 8 switches.

Here's a little demo, in four sections, each under a minute long. The first section is with neck single for all four strings (for the demo, I did all strings the same... there are too many possible combinations otherwise). The second is neck humbucker. The third, bridge single; and the fourth, bridge humbucker.

I didn't do a demo with both bridge and neck on.

The recording is of the summed, mono signal only. At some point I'll do one in quad. The amp is a Yorkville Bassmaster 200, and the mic is an RE-20.

No noise reduction, no EQ, no processing except normalizing the track as a whole.

http://www.ubertar.com/hexaphonic_sound_samples/bass.mp3
Drone
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

Needs a bigger brighter picture, or I need a bigger brighter monitor.

Are those squiggly things on the upper right a 4x4 bank of toggle switches?

ubertar
cryogenically thawing

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

Drone wrote:
Are those squiggly things on the upper right a 4x4 bank of toggle switches?

Yes. 16 switches.

four for neck, quad vs. mono
four for bridge, quad vs. mono
four for neck, single vs. humbucker
four for bridge, single vs. humbucker

The demo was all mono. ~40 second sections: 1.NS 2.NH 3.BS 4.BH

The pic is kinda dark, but there's not much to see, really. A bunch of switches.
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

Made a guitar pedal to make one's equipment sound really broken. short clip of how it sounds

vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

It's a success! Cool
The Scum
resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest thing you've built? Reply with quote

OK, it's my turn: A DSP-based drum machine.

Short sample video linked below:

https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2125
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: