RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Micro PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Micro PA Reply with quote

Aiight, so I'm currently working with a second drummer, who has his drums set up in his den (my regular small PA is at the other drummer's).

I'm playing guitar through 15 watt tube amps at 1/2 volume - it's a small room.

And we been singing through small S/S guitar amps, and I want to step that up a RCH.

Small footprint and convenience is key so I don't really want a separate mixer (I have a 1202 I could use)/amp/monitor thing - I want a all-in-one, at least 50 watts, at least two XLR ins.

Kustom has the PA50, and Alto has the Trouper, there's the Galaxy Hot Spot, and I know that Vox or mebbe Crate has a little amp-thing.

Anybody using one of those or the like can recommend me? Cheap would be good!
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Micro PA Reply with quote

Not using one personally, but there are a ton of those powered-speaker all-in-ones out there now. IMHO, this is where a place like your local GC can really be great-- "try before you buy" is nearly impossible in the strictly digital retail world.

Do you have any local PA/AV rental outfits nearby? Maybe someone has one you could try that way before committing as well (for a small fee, of course)...

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Micro PA Reply with quote

Ach! That's too much like effort!

This is just a every-other weekend thing - altho' last Sunday we did a quick-n-dirty 3 hour recording session of six songs with 4 mic's on the drums, and a scratch guitar and vocal and it came out surprisingly good.

I just evil-bayed a "Kustom PA50 Personal PA System" for a C-note.

2 x 4.5" speakers, a tweeter, two XLR ins, 50 watts, 18 lbs., 20" high - won't look too bad in the den where he keeps his drums ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: