HD24 fireport and OSX (or Win10)?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

joninc
dead but not forgotten

HD24 fireport and OSX (or Win10)?

Post by joninc » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Does anyone still use these? paging @Jim Williams.....

i have a friend needing to transfer a bunch of stuff off of his HD24 hardrive to a DAW and
he's having trouble getting the fireport to talk with his new macbook pro.

Apparently the Alesis software isn't compatible with the latest OS. He also tried HD24 tools and it won't see the drive at all. The drive works fine on his HD24.

Is this a 32bit HD v 64bit OS problem?

I have Win10 on a PC which i could try somebody could tell me it works...
the new rules : there are no rules

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:56 am

I don't know about the fire port, I've never used it. But I have an m audio lightbridge that works under older OS X fine, when I would transfer from my hd24xr I just did it over adat. I still have my hd24xr as well, though don't use it. I'm not sure how practical it is to ship to Kansas City from Canada, but there's an option.

joninc
dead but not forgotten

Post by joninc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Sorry - I should have clarified: We don't have the time right now to transfer all the songs individually (many hours work and a tight timeline for this) but if we did - I have that capability with my RME card

The fireport is WAY faster - just not sure it works with any current OS (64bit)
the new rules : there are no rules

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:47 pm

joninc wrote:Sorry - I should have clarified: We don't have the time right now to transfer all the songs individually (many hours work and a tight timeline for this) but if we did - I have that capability with my RME card

The fireport is WAY faster - just not sure it works with any current OS (64bit)
From what I read, it's not a problem with the fireport but the software. It looks like people have been successful running hd24tools (not Alesis' software) on Windows 10 under 32 bit compatibility mode. From there you can supposedly import, even if the drive doesn't show up? You'll have to bear with me, because I don't have Windows 10 and little experience with the importing software (because I found it hokey at best in my use, when I could print all 24 tracks at once in real time with the lightbridge), I'm just essentially repeating what someone else posted online.

Don't know if that'll help or not but worth a shot.