Br?el & Kjaer 4003 High Voltage Microphone Pair w/PSU

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

nob turner
steve albini likes it

Br?el & Kjaer 4003 High Voltage Microphone Pair w/PSU

Post by nob turner » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Here's a Bruel & Kjaer 4003 stereo pair of omni microphones. These mics operate on 130 VDC for an incredible dynamic range. Their output is hot enough that a preamp is often not necessary.

Their original wood boxes, special cables and mic clips are included. They have both the silver and black grids, for flat response in free and diffuse sound fields. Also included is a B&K 2182 dual power supply, which provides the high voltage they need to operate.

These are favorites of classical music recordists due to their accuracy. I've also used them on piano and been blown away by the clarity and articulation achieved. Basically, any place you want supreme detail and realism, these are a fantastic choice.

They're in excellent physical and functional condition. The current (DPA) version of this mic sells for $2400/each without a power supply. My price is $2600 for the pair plus PSU.

If you're interested in a mini-Decca Tree, I have a 3rd 4003 available (without a power supply, with a cable) for an additional $750. This one has just the silver grid.

I cover PayPal fees, you pay actual shipping costs. Local pickup in San Francisco is welcome. No trades, thanks.