RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
3 Tape Machines To Choose From

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hithere
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: 3 Tape Machines To Choose From Reply with quote

I can choose between 3 models of 2 track Tape Machines for the same reasonable price tomorrow. The models are

Teac A-2300SX (Seller says it seems to be in the best condition)
Teac A-4300SX (Similar to above with Auto-Reverse? Don't think I need that)
Teac X-10R (Which definitely needs some work)

My purpose for the Tape Machine is to record my demos straight to tape, whether it be through a small mixer for acoustic / vocal takes, or rough live band demos through an 8 channel mixer.

I just need something simple, light, and easy to work on. I am leaning towards the A-2300SX as hopefully it is mostly functioning, and will need minimal tech work.

Any reason I should be looking at the A-4300SX or Teac X -10R instead? Fidelity or quality wise? Reading a lot of problems with the X-10R double belt. The less problems the better, this is just for demos.
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Tape Machines To Choose From Reply with quote

Whichever one runs well/seems best cared for, hopefully pretty cheap... Wouldn't buy anything without a good run through.
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Tape Machines To Choose From Reply with quote

the one with the best heads and least amount of issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: