Pro Tools Update Plan

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Pro Tools Update Plan

Post by kslight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:34 pm

I noticed that Avid has a sale going on now (seems to be across major dealers), if you buy the Pro Tools Plan Reinstatement (if your subscription has lapsed) for $299 you get an extra year, so 2 years of upgrades instead of 1.

Don't know if anyone cares here, but if you are on an old version and have been on the fence about upgrading, may be a good time to think about it.

I just renewed my plan again a couple weeks ago, have no complaints about it so far (other than it isn't free, waaaaa). I personally believe that the current Pro Tools is leaps and bounds better than Pro Tools of past, especially for non-HD users...not only in features, but also stability.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to give them my money... March 31st. 99 bucks for one more year of whatever.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

supafuzz
carpal tunnel

Done with Avid

Post by supafuzz » Mon May 29, 2017 6:15 am

I just want to record and mix music..but not having input monitoring? That is unworkable. I have 8HD at the studio and sticking with it. PT11 at home [pain in the ass without input monitoring] My workaround is to set up an AUX input track to monitor what i'm micing up...just more work.
Plus until DAW software is able to make some kind of massive sonic improvement..I really dont care what little crumbs of features AVID slowly releases.
I'll go back to tape.....If necessary...
Plus I'm not renting your software........not going to happen....if I really want it I'll but it outright....
Super 70 Studio.. Never tell a perfectionist that the mix is perfect!

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3