RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Little sleeper mixers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

The 390 is supposedly pretty good, but I've never heard anyone praise the other little ones. I would love to try a 390 out for a week.

The 2000 is also said to be good--like the 390, it's a broadcast board. I have a permanent eBay search on for these...I'm very curious about them.
A-Barr
tinnitus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

If you can score an MXP3000, John Hardy makes drop-in mic pre cards for 325 apiece.

*sigh...*
standup
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

The big Sony mixers will probably have all I/O on tuchel connectors, which are expensive. I looked at a small Sony 2000 series board in a guitar shop once, all the I/O was on d-sub type connectors. It'd be a huge plus if any board set up like that came with the tuchels and snakes, otherwise you'll spend a whole lotta money on snakes and connectors for both ends...
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

i want to bring this thread back from the dead and see if some others can offer some decent little sleeper mixers.

Sony MX-20, ok the secret is out one just went for 450 on ebay, but 8 in 4 out transformer in and out discrete FET mixer, warm, punchy, low noise.
I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

Brooklyn Music List's instagram account has a lot of nice pics of small mixers. Most recently a refurbished Electrodyne 1204 that Ken McKim fixed up.
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

i don't do the instagram or twitter thing so sadly i will miss that Sad
I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Little sleeper mixers Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/brooklynmusiclist/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: