RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

I hope all y'all get amused by my Gran Torino act. These are a cuppla follow ups:

https://vlayman.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/rpm-doosh-follows-up-with-this/

https://vlayman.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/because-im-me/

If not amused, of course, just ignore!
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

The end:
https://vlayman.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/the-end-of-the-rpm-contretemps/
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

vvv wrote:
The end:
https://vlayman.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/the-end-of-the-rpm-contretemps/

LOL.
CraigS63
pushin' record

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

We got ours in, 10th RPM Challenge year for us, although I only got around to one of "my" songs. I almost always am sick this time of year, my vocals are even worse than usual.

My friend inherited a marimba, and rounded up another guy to play tenor and bari sax, fun stuff! I had to put post-it notes on the marimba keys so I hit the right ones mostly.

Other weirdness that we used included amp vibrato (old Danelectro Special amp), baritone homemade 'Strat', Samick thinline w Seymour Duncan P Rails/Triple Shots, a smidgeon of lap steel in c6, fretless Rondo bass, Danelectro U2 reissue, Ric 12 and 6 strings.

http://texturions.rpmchallenge.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

CraigS63 wrote:
... so I hit the right ones mostly.

Laughing

Quite an assortment of inexpensive and not, there.
CraigS63
pushin' record

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

vvv wrote:
CraigS63 wrote:
... so I hit the right ones mostly.

Laughing

Quite an assortment of inexpensive and not, there.

Yeah, I'm not $2,000 fretless bass good, but I don't feel too bad blowing $150 or whatever the Rondo was (except the truss rod seems shot).
Friend inherited the old Dano amp, first time I'd played with "amp" vibrato. He should probably have it re-capped and a 3 prong cord put on before it starts smoking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting idea that I never heard of (!). Is this like the 48-Hour Film project?

Vlay-- I took a look at your posts over there man; you're too much, bruh. You'd make Eastwood's character in Gran Torino blush for sure. Take it easy on peeps, man. I am modding at another site now, and I can tell you it's not always easy, and it most definitely doesn't pay...

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

Ha!

You didn't see my posts there, I don't think, no.

They should have deleted me at my request - I believe you saw 'em on my blog, right?

I admit I was a doosh, but I was a reactive doosh to some 18 y.o. fucknut lecturing me about what he knew not, and ironically adopting and reco'ing to others the very same thing I recommended after I withdrew, regarding, not incidentally, a problem he initially denied existed but had caused me great frustration.

Take it easy, hell - I donated US$10 to be called out like his bitch?

And he was wrong?

No, you will note, after I had my fun, I withdrew from the forum, the contest and the fight, and let 'em keep the money, and even gave a great suggestion for its use. Wink

BTW, he was not a real mod, but a self-styled volunteer who allowed his butt-buddy to start personally attacking me. The actual mod I was talking to - well, read the posts.

See, the opportunity for a full-on tantrum was irresistible, and it was their loss and my larfs. Twisted Evil

And yers, I hope, but I'll be sure to stay away from any forum you mod, I reckon. Laughing
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

I am feeling better now.

I will finish this project.

Always finish what you start.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone doing the February RPM Challenge? Reply with quote

That is why I'm so fat!

And why there's never any leftover pizza ...

Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: