bandcamp question

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

bandcamp question

Post by ubertar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm just curious... what % of people who visit your bandcamp page buy something? I put up a new record about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's a little under 1%. Is that abnormally low, or is that par for the course?

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 pm

i don't know how many friends you have on social networks/email/etc where you blasted out the bandcamp, but for the release in my signature i and my partner blasted it out, i think we sold 20 copies at the most. people just don't buy music anymore in digital format. they stream it or steal it.

side bar: that's why i'd like to just release future projects on vinyl only, that way the only way people can listen is by purchasing.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 am

It's prob'ly not in their best interest, bandcamp's, but alla my stuff is free ...

And yet, I make a few bucks here and there because folks just send it, but US$5 a month is cool, keeps me in coffee for a week or so.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks guys, but right now I'm really only interested in a specific answer to this specific question: what % of people who visit your bandcamp page buy something?

I'm not looking for raw numbers or how it was advertised or anything else... just how many purchases as a % of visits.

Thanks!
:D

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 am

Well, then, "a little under 1%" may be par for the course, or high, IME.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.