mrc
re-cappin' neve

Post by mrc » Sun May 14, 2017 8:50 pm

+1 :worthy: :worthy:

supafuzz
carpal tunnel

amen to this

Post by supafuzz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 am

I am running a G5 with Protools 3 hd and it's rock solid. There, I said it and I'm proud and I feel no shame, in fact I feel smart. Like those post apocalyptic movies where it's so far in the future it's the past again and I've hacked together discarded machinery to build something functional for survival.

Until DAW's take a quantum leap in a sonic direction I don't care about the dribble of functionality that AVID want's us to slavishly and continuously pay for.

I get a barrage of e-mails daily for discounted plugins and it goes to the trash.

I am not a sucker so I resent be treated like one.

Just because the clever graphics looks like a Fairchild doesn't make it real. You used to be able to get a Rolls Royce looking hood for a VW Bug...still a VW.

I am waiting for the singularity where digital surpasses analog. Then I may consider re-investing.
Super 70 Studio.. Never tell a perfectionist that the mix is perfect!

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:52 am

I'm currently mixing two records on a 2011 Macbook pro. It got a new logic board free last year which means I'm hoping it'll last until at least 2021, unless an Apple OS update bricks it.

I have a BLA-modded MOTU 828mk2 that still sounds great. I don't use it much but when I do, no problems.

I bought a micro clock when they first came out, didn't use it, just sold it for a little over $100 to someone who will.