RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Black Lion Audio Mod Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Computer World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrc
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Lion Audio Mod Owners Reply with quote

+1 we're not worthy we're not worthy
supafuzz
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: amen to this Reply with quote

I am running a G5 with Protools 3 hd and it's rock solid. There, I said it and I'm proud and I feel no shame, in fact I feel smart. Like those post apocalyptic movies where it's so far in the future it's the past again and I've hacked together discarded machinery to build something functional for survival.

Until DAW's take a quantum leap in a sonic direction I don't care about the dribble of functionality that AVID want's us to slavishly and continuously pay for.

I get a barrage of e-mails daily for discounted plugins and it goes to the trash.

I am not a sucker so I resent be treated like one.

Just because the clever graphics looks like a Fairchild doesn't make it real. You used to be able to get a Rolls Royce looking hood for a VW Bug...still a VW.

I am waiting for the singularity where digital surpasses analog. Then I may consider re-investing.

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3
JES
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Black Lion Audio Mod Owners Reply with quote

I'm currently mixing two records on a 2011 Macbook pro. It got a new logic board free last year which means I'm hoping it'll last until at least 2021, unless an Apple OS update bricks it.

I have a BLA-modded MOTU 828mk2 that still sounds great. I don't use it much but when I do, no problems.

I bought a micro clock when they first came out, didn't use it, just sold it for a little over $100 to someone who will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Computer World All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: