RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Farfisa: Constant Playing Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicdecco
audio school

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Farfisa: Constant Playing Notes Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I just bought a Farfisa FAST 3. It sounds great...except...there is a constant sound of about 5 notes. It sounds like someone is just pressing down on 4 or 5 consecutive keys the whole time while it is on and while actually playing on it. When actually pressing down on the keys, you can hear those, but you can still hear the 4 or 5 consecutive notes in the background. Annoying and hopefully an easy fix. Any ideas on what is causing this and how it should be fixed? Thanks for your help!
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Farfisa: Constant Playing Notes Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the TOMB!!!

To answer that question, I think the most likely culprit is stuck keys.

They could be stuck with dropped soda or beer, or their binding material could be old and has started to become messy.

In either case, you should find a local instrument tech to clean it up for you. Your local music store might know a keyboard tech in your area.

Cheers,

Nick
Musicdecco
audio school

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Farfisa constant playing notes Reply with quote

Thank you for the information, Nick! I may actually try to open it and clean/see in there myself. No keys look stuck, (they aren't staying down) and all keys work when pressed. Interested in sewing what is going on inside. Anyways, I appreciate your help! Gonna try to clean them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: