RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Bumping another board

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Bumping another board Reply with quote

I just wanted to take a second and give a mention for Mike Senior's Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio board/forum. It's essentially two sections a place where people can download multitracks to practice mixing and a forum to post and critique mixes from said multitracks.

It's a pretty good resource that has a ton of songs from a lot of different genres that can be mixed. I've been out of the audio world for a while and it's been good to have a resource to try and keep active in mixing and listening.

The forum is ok. Not as good as the Tape Op forum and it has people who are absolute beginners to people who've been in the business for a while (like me, ha). It's fun to listen to other mixes and interpretations of songs. I think I've learned a lot in just having to mix something that someone else recorded and it helps to have something that doesn't have a deadline and you can try different things and get some feedback and different perspectives.

Anyway feel free to check it out. It has had some technical issues over the past few days but I think that has to do with all the latest internet crap that's happened over the past week. It may take a few days to get it's legs back but I just wanted to give it a bump to help get it back on its feet. It's all free though there is a Patreon if you find it a worthy resource.

Anyway. Hope this doesn't seem like Spam or anything. I just found it to be a pretty good place to practice mixing and also different enough from Tape Op to not be competition.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumping another board Reply with quote

I do like that one.

I also liked mixoff.org, at least, I liked the concept, but it seems to be pretty dead.
RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumping another board Reply with quote

I haven't checked out mixoff but will.
RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumping another board Reply with quote

I'm dumb and forgot the link:
http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: