RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Does anyone have a good room to remic some drums for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Recording Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwnc
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have a good room to remic some drums for me? Reply with quote

HI,

I was interested in maybe seeing if someone was interested in doing a small experiment for me. I have some drums tracked in a very tight dead room and while the performance is great, there is not a lot of vibe on the drums/room. I know I can do reverbs, etc, but was curious if anyone had a cool room to reamp/remic the drums to get me some more vibe/space/depth.

I did a experiment at home just with the limited normal house room to test to see if it may even be worth it. It feels like with a good room and mic it could really add some needed vibe/depth to it.

Let me know if anyone would be interested, I am sure we could work something if I needed more songs done.

Thanks
Jason
Drone
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have a good room to remic some drums for me? Reply with quote

I don't think a good room is going to be the thing?

Re-amping for reverb is different from re-recording, so it won't be the same as playing the drums in a good room.

I think what you are looking for is a live sounding space, like a tiled bathroom, a chamber, a stairway, maybe even a garage with a big metal door and blend that back in.

Results may vary Very Happy
drumsound
TOMB Moderator
TOMB Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have a good room to remic some drums for me? Reply with quote

I've done it once or twice in my room, which also sounds good with actual drumming. PM or email me if you want to have me try in my live room.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
mwerden
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have a good room to remic some drums for me? Reply with quote

I could give it a shot, probably have some time next weekend.
jwnc
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have a good room to remic some drums for me? Reply with quote

Thanks guys, sorry about the delay in reply.

I will PM the interested partys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Recording Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: