SoCal - experimental psych art noise quiet/loud blah blah

tyson
gimme a little kick & snare

SoCal - experimental psych art noise quiet/loud blah blah

Post by tyson » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:18 pm

Looking for other musicians in Southern California to collaborate with. I have a large selection of instruments, effects, amps and studio equipment to work with and play many instruments. I come from a punk/hardcore/indie background and am looking for like-minded individuals (not other punks necessarily, but someone who understand where I'm coming from and where I'm going). I play many instruments, some very well, and some very amateur-ish. Equipment that I have access to and would like to use with this project:

-Guitars ('72 custom tele, acoustics)
-Bass (Stringray)
-Amps (crate vintage series [really great guitar amp!], Sunn 300T [bass], Roland Cube 60 [keyboard], various cabinets)
-Effects (moogerfooger, lots of delays, choruses, reverbs, wahs, pitch shifters, big muff, phasers, flangers, etc.)
-Synths (Juno 60, ensoniq, Roland XP60)
-Melodica (just bought, very interested in this, particularly in making live loops with it)
-Percussion (full kit, maracas, tambourines, etc.)
-Recording equipment (MOTU hardware, AudioDesk software on a Mac)
-Practice space (I live with my full-time band and our living room is our studio)

This is a very open-ended collaboration. I have other people to work with, but would like to meet someone new outside of my circle for inspiration and drive. Everywhere from very pretty, quiet, open passages to full-on freakouts. Dub, drone, noise, motorik, psychedellia etc. etc. Email me at tysonthurston@yahoo.com if you're interested or know anyone else who might be. Looking to play live and tour occasionally (have the contacts). Also interested in finding a projection artist to work with.

antilog
george martin

Re: SoCal - experimental psych art noise quiet/loud blah bla

Post by antilog » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:00 pm

yeah

if you ever make it out east coast way

give a holler
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs