shake your gorilla!

Abe
audio school graduate

shake your gorilla!

Post by Abe » Tue May 13, 2003 2:06 pm

This part of the board wasnt here last time. Its excelent! Sure beats wading through mp3.com searching for something original or at least entertaining. All the stuff Ive heard here, so far, has been great or at least has something interesting about it.

Well, heres hoping i dont screw up a good run.
Here's some 4 track stuff from my basement, to you.

http://www.cdart.com/web1/music/emancipators/

-Abe

zoetrope
pushin' record

Re: shake your gorilla!

Post by zoetrope » Thu May 29, 2003 12:52 pm

This reminded me a little of the old Iggy and the Stooges stuff. I like the distorted vocals and the keyboards. The mix could be better, though I can't specifically say what it is that seems off. But it's a fun tune :^:

Abe
audio school graduate

Post by Abe » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:18 pm

The biggest drop in sound quality was from the 4-track to the MP3. I used a friend's computer, I don’t even know what the program was but it didn’t have level controls so it was trial and error. The vocals were run through a tube screamer pedal, the bass and organ were run through a Danelectro Mini compressor pedal and all the percussion are some Yamaha fake drum pads. All pretty lo-fi and hit & miss, but a hell of alot of fun.

Red Rockets Glare
tinnitus

Post by Red Rockets Glare » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:44 am

I really like this! It's got the sound of the early 60's pretty nailed. I really like the song too, it's fun and I could dance to it if I had to. Nice work man! Thanks for sharing.
What mic did you sick into the Tube Screamer?

Abe
audio school graduate

Post by Abe » Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:01 pm

glad you liked it!

The mic is a shure PE15L. THe PE Stands for "Professional Entertainer" Got it at a garage sale. I like it alot. Its the best of my crappy mic colletion.

The Shure website has literature on all their discontinued mics. And its on there someplace.

http://www.shure.com/datasheets/guides- ... inued.html