Help me find my tapes? Long shot...

me
audio school

Help me find my tapes? Long shot...

Post by me » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:17 am

I know... its my fault for not carrying them with me fter the session was over, but I was young, trusting, and naive.
To make a long story shorter, I recorded several songs at three different studios, and now the studios are gone, the people have moved away, and my tapes are gone gone gone... but maybe with some hints you could help me find them. If you arent in Georgia, you can probably disregard this whole message. Here is what I am searching for:

1 - 1" 16 track tape. 4 songs, funky rock. Group was called "What". recorded just before the 1st Gulf war say around 1990. The studio was called 7th Heaven Studios , near downtown Norcross Georgia. The engineer was Mike Tate. He was a keyboardist, and a pretty good engineer too. The studio closed up a few years later. If you know this guy, let him know I am looking for my tapes back...if they still exist.

2 - 1" 16 track tape, 4-5 songs. Recorded in Atlanta Recording Studios, in Marietta Georgia. I do not recall the engineers name. The studio was in a small "mall" on Pat Mel Road. The engineer was a super nice guy, and I seem to recall he was handicapped, and had a wheelchair. That was a great session and I would love to have my tapes back. Recorded arouond 1988, 1989.

3 - 1" or 1/2" 8 track, 4-5 songs. Recorded by James Lanier in his Black and Silver Studios near Embry Hills, north Dekalb County Ga. The studio was in the basement of his parents house. Recorded around 1984, 1985. If you know James, help me out and ask him if he still has my tape. I would love to have it back.

I am in the process of pulling together all of my old recordings to preserve them in some fashion and just so I can have them to listen to once again. I have not heard some of these recordings in many many years.

Let this also be a lesson to anyone who is recording themselves in other studios... keep your masters close to you. Dont leave them in the studio no matter how much they say it is safe. I have lost some important parts of my life in these missing tapes. Nothing can replace that, so dont let them out of your sight.

I can be reached at kglenn2001@comcast.net

Thanks for any leads or any help in advance.

Kev