ATLANTA

cwileyriser
pushin' record

ATLANTA

Post by cwileyriser » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:27 am

I moved to Atlanta last year after 5 years of hibernation in the NC mountains, which itself followed several years of immersion in the Chapel Hill NC music scene. I'm always looking for possibilities for working with other musicians. I'm working on my own thing right now writing and recording. I hate calling it "singer/songwriter" but I guess that's the only thing I can call it.

Stuff I like: Will Oldham, Smog, Cat Power, Will Johnson, Shannonwright, Lambchop, Freakwater, all kinds of 1940's-1960's honkytonk and western swing, old time string band music, Pussy Galore, Caroliner....

I play bass (upright, electric upright, electric), guitar (a Fender type on electric, plus a Guild acoustic), steel guitar (6-string lap and a doubleneck 8-string nonpedal), and a very little bit of mandolin.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's looking for a sideman, or anyone who'd be interested in playing on my stuff or collaborating.

Chris
cwileyriser@hotmail.com

cbcmusic
alignin' 24-trk

Re: ATLANTA

Post by cbcmusic » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:33 am

Howdy Chris,

I'm doing the same thing, writing & recording a bunch o' my own stuff. I'm primarily a guitar player with roughly 15+ years exp and have been drumming for about a year now. I've played bass in a band a few years ago, although I would basically play lead guitar on the bass, well sort of.

Anyway, I will probably not have much time to get together with you or anybody else for the next 2-3 months or until I finish this project I've been working on, I actually have paying clients. If you're patient, I'd be interested in seeing if we can jam well together, once I can afford the time.

Bryant
cbc