Girl - Sequence Software - anyone?

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
ottokbre
deaf.

Girl - Sequence Software - anyone?

Post by ottokbre » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:13 am

So, in my recent software (mac) enlightenments, I have realized that Ableton is a CPU pig. Granted it's a differant beast, you can double your track count on Logic. The issue is plain 'ol optimization, Ableton has failed to understand that a solid percentage of it's (paying) users are rockin Powerbooks. So in the interests of taking full advantage of my half-ghz iBook....

...has anyone played with Girl? It's mac native and a Beta OSX version has come out. I grabbed me up a demo copy.

http://girl.yowstar.com

oceanic
pluggin' in mics

Re: Girl - Sequence Software - anyone?

Post by oceanic » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:08 pm

hey dood, scott here, bought your other mac. That program looks pretty cool. I'm in the same boat as you with ableton, after researching it for the last month. Email me, and let me know what you think. I'll probably be getting logic or digital performer in the next few weeks...

pscottm
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by pscottm » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:50 pm

i tried girl and thought it was pretty cool. not sure about its efficiency but since it's max/msp based i'm guessing it's good. i've been using radial since it came out and i'm really happy w it. has the best shaping tools i've ever seen, very simple and effective. only on 9 though for now.

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:36 pm

if it's on 9, will it work on OSX-carbon? hmmm.... or would that be a bit sketch?