13ghosts

Loefigh
audio school

13ghosts

Post by Loefigh » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:36 pm

Hey I would love it if anyone would check out this track and the others on the site and tell me whatcha' think.

http://www.13ghostsmusic.com/audio/13gh ... htfire.mp3

zoetrope
pushin' record

Re: 13ghosts

Post by zoetrope » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:30 am

Reminds me of Souled American and Bob Dylan. I like the drums, but they're a little loud in the mix for my taste. The synth/pads drone should go away more often, use it for emphasis, but I don't want it hovering there the whole time. Otherwise sounds great. Your vocals are perfect for this style of music, the whole thing blends nicely.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:32 am

Nicely done. Sounds great. I'm listening through computer speakers, so take this FWIW.

1. Agree with the point about the pads

2. Disagree on drum volume -- sounds good to me, though if it lost a few db it probably wouldn't be bad.

3. Vocals have some kind of echo on them (or maybe room ambience) that doesn't quite work for me.

Nice recording job, otherwise!

Best,
--JES

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:05 am

overall great work! the song's really cool. i enjoyed it.

the pads issue didn't bother me as much, except i can see where theres that one point where everything drops but vocals and pads, that might be nice to pull out the pads just so it's a little more immediate.

i didn't have a problem with the drums level, but at the end when everything else came in i was a little thwon with the entire musical space - the drums seemed a little too dry in context of everything else. how were they recorded? but, maybe that's just your room too.

great job, thanks for sharing!