Looking for unpretentious, skilled guitar player in NYC

afisher
audio school graduate

Looking for unpretentious, skilled guitar player in NYC

Post by afisher » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:41 pm

Drummer and Bass player looking to play creative, original music with someone. "New York Scene" makes me very mad. We don't think Radiohead, Wilco, or the Strokes are the future of anything; anything "emo" related makes me sick. Searched Craig's list but it's filled with amateurs. We think these people matter: Doc Boggs, Nirvana, Gram Parsons, Shellac, Neil Young, old Mettalica, Husker Du,Jerry Lee Lewis, Elmore James, Will Oldham, Leadbelly (like to dabble in the Relapse roster;Dilinger Escape Plan,High on Fire,Zeke), Hopefully you get the idea
THIS MUSIC WILL BE HEAVY.
adf210@nyu.edu

NewYorkDave
re-cappin' neve

Re: Looking for unpretentious, skilled guitar player in NYC

Post by NewYorkDave » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:53 pm

"Filled with amateurs?" Hey, unless you play music full-time for a living, guess what? You're an amateur, too. Think about the literal definition of "amateur" before reflexively applying it as a perjorative.

The rest of your ad was interesting enough, but the attitude conveyed by that one line was very off-putting. Consider that next time you post an ad.

same
audio school

Post by same » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:31 pm

there is something ironically pretentious about making a request for an 'unpretentious' musician. just sayin.

afisher
audio school graduate

Post by afisher » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:00 am

I make my money in the music industry so I wouldn't call myself an amatuer. Also I have been playing for over ten years and haved played with a bunch of bands off craig's list and they were all terrible. So fine maybe I am being a little pretentious but I don't have the time or patience for any sort of bullshit, because this city is already swimming in it.
-if any body is still interested, email me.