Anyone working in Reaktor?

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
ottokbre
deaf.

Anyone working in Reaktor?

Post by ottokbre » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Really curious about it. So many people I really respect are using it, but it's so deep I can't say that I totally understand it.

:(

friendlybunny
pushin' record

Re: Anyone working in Reaktor?

Post by friendlybunny » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:03 pm

yeah... I use it a lot. The new Reaktor 4 is buggy on my mac, and I think I've been having better results than most.

There are a lot of great instruments that people have made, but there is also a lot of potential for you to make your own instrument. I have made specific ensembles to create sound fx for video games. For example, an explosion maker that you can load different samples into, and it will make an explosion sound out of whatever sample you put in.

Some of the new compressors and amp modelers in the new Reaktor 4 are very impressive too. It's worth the price alone for some of the great compressors, filters, and amp simulators.

The audio samples on the native instruments web site are all pretty much techno sounds, and I record every kind of music besides techno, yet I use Reaktor constantly. I just never use the synthesizers.

It is a deep program, but you can use it instantly thanks to the cool presets.

You should check out Reaktor session if you don't want to make your own instruments, it's much cheaper, and really cool.

-fb

munk
audio school

Re: Anyone working in Reaktor?

Post by munk » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:29 pm

if reaktor is too much for you maybe start off with synthedit ( http://www.synthedit.com). it uses a very similar setup but is more focused on modular synthesis alone, although it does have some effects. It's more simple that Reaktor but you can still come up with some cool sounds. its also free, you can write your own modules if your C++ savy. and all the patches you make can be exported to VSTi's. this is how i started and i'm much more comfortabe in reaktor now.

-munk