New OSA (Old School Audio) Promotion!!!!

Nathan Eldred
gimme a little kick & snare

New OSA (Old School Audio) Promotion!!!!

Post by Nathan Eldred » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:52 pm

Hi all,

We have a new OSA promotion brewing starting immediately. Here's the scoop....

Buy any 4 OSA preamps and one of either OSA rack (TrkPack or PwrRack) and get $100 off the bundle.

Already have a powered rack?

Buy any 5 OSA preamps and receive $100 off the bundle.

Thanks!

chetatkinsdiet
buyin' a studio

Re: New OSA (Old School Audio) Promotion!!!!

Post by chetatkinsdiet » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:42 am

I love my 3 MPI-A pres I got from you. Any ETA on the new compressors from OSA?
Later,
m
The only true great mic on this planet is the Shure SM-57. It is the most consistant in not totally sucking of anything ever built. All other mics are "application dependant".

-- Fletcher

jspartz
buyin' gear

Post by jspartz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:01 am

Nathan,

I have a pair of the MP1-L's (with only the input trim control, no output gain control). I was wondering how they are next to the new MP1-L3.

Thanks,

Jason

Nathan Eldred

Post by Nathan Eldred » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:44 am

chetatkinsdiet wrote:I love my 3 MPI-A pres I got from you. Any ETA on the new compressors from OSA?
Later,
m

Realistically I think they will be ready by the Tape Op show in June. The goal is to have both the Opto LA-4 style, and the VCA SSL bus style done by June 10th, possibly with the solid state passive Pultec Style EQ (in the 500 architecture!).

Nathan Eldred

Post by Nathan Eldred » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:48 am

jspartz wrote:Nathan,

I have a pair of the MP1-L's (with only the input trim control, no output gain control). I was wondering how they are next to the new MP1-L3.

Thanks,

Jason

The L's sound to my ears like they have an extension in the top and bottom frequencies. Making the middle sound a little scooped and clear. The vibe of the transformer is similar, since the L and L3 both use Lundahls, but the L3 uses a 7903 which sounds similar in the top and bottom to the L, but has a thicker midrange with slightly more coloration. It's more remeniscent of something like a 1290/1073 in frequency curve (completely by accident, it's a bit 'faster' obviously being that it's class A/B). Thanks, hope this helps!

mattallen
takin' a dinner break

Post by mattallen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 am

At the Tape Op Con besides demoing your gear, are you going have it for sale also? I wasn;t sure last year but it didn;t seem like people we're buying thigs as much as just listening? For me personally I'm going to buy a few things that weekend so I just wondered.

Nathan Eldred

Post by Nathan Eldred » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:08 am

mattallen wrote:At the Tape Op Con besides demoing your gear, are you going have it for sale also? I wasn;t sure last year but it didn;t seem like people we're buying thigs as much as just listening? For me personally I'm going to buy a few things that weekend so I just wondered.
I'm not sure what the Tape Op policy is on that, I'll have to talk to Craig or Larry about it. There is also the problem with us selling a product in New Orleans, and being a Florida merchant and I definitely do not want to do the wrong thing ethically or legally (i.e. sales tax, etc). If it's all good with the above, then the answer is yes; if not good with either or both of the above, then the answer is no. But we're going to be back at work the day after the show so we can ship anything to you at that time and we'll most likely have some specials on demo units, in a similar way as with after the AES show last October. We'll also be there representing Buzz Audio...oh yeah, and Guinness too (I wish). Thanks!

mattallen
takin' a dinner break

Post by mattallen » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:48 am

Awesome, Thanks for the response. I couldn't remeber if people sold things last year or not. I'm looking forward to demoing some great units though!!!

Nathan Eldred

Post by Nathan Eldred » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:22 pm

mattallen wrote:Awesome, Thanks for the response. I couldn't remeber if people sold things last year or not. I'm looking forward to demoing some great units though!!!

We'll have both the new compressors and possibly one EQ there also. Definitely stop by the booth, it's nice to meet people from the forums face to face.

:D

mattallen
takin' a dinner break

Post by mattallen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:02 pm

Will Do!!

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:43 am

Nathan Eldred wrote: It's more remeniscent of something like a 1290/1073 in frequency curve (completely by accident, it's a bit 'faster' obviously being that it's class A/B).
nathan, are you suggesting that class a/b circuits by nature are "faster" than class a circuits, by nature?

just curious.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

Nathan Eldred

Post by Nathan Eldred » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:45 pm

soundguy wrote:
Nathan Eldred wrote: It's more remeniscent of something like a 1290/1073 in frequency curve (completely by accident, it's a bit 'faster' obviously being that it's class A/B).
nathan, are you suggesting that class a/b circuits by nature are "faster" than class a circuits, by nature?

just curious.

Maybe it's slew rate, maybe it's phase shift, maybe it's something else...I'm not a tech, but this is how I generally understand it to be both in talking to many techs and just plain using my ears. Although, I'm sure there is an exception to every rule. Note the use of single quotes around 'faster', implying a more subjective and non technical interpretation.