NYC Mix studio needed cheap
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Tape Op Message Board -> 5/03-2/05: Studio Listings

#1: NYC Mix studio needed cheap Author: nortstudioLocation: Williamsburg, Brooklyn PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:05 pm
    —
Hey gang. Looking for a reasonable studio to mix some tracks in. Atomation would be great - but if not, i can deal. Looking in the $400-$500 range.

I need it starting around the 24th of this month.

Please contact me at: nortstudio@yahoo.com if you know of anything.

Thanks,

Scott norton

#2: Re: NYC Mix studio needed cheap Author: supafuzzLocation: Beacon NY PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:17 pm
    —
how many songs are you mixing

what kind of music is it?

what format is it in?

what do you want it mixed to?

that would help

#3: Re: NYC Mix studio needed cheap Author: nortstudioLocation: Williamsburg, Brooklyn PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:04 am
    —
supafuzz wrote:
how many songs are you mixing

8 songs in 7 days

what kind of music is it?

does it matter? If so, it's literally indescribable.

what format is it in?

All digital - will be Pro Tools by the time I show up at the door.

what do you want it mixed to?

I would prefer 1/2" - but it's up in the air as of now.

that would help

#4: Re: NYC Mix studio needed cheap Author: supafuzzLocation: Beacon NY PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:38 am
    —
what's the instrumentation?

how many tracks are recorded for each song? 8/16/24/48?

is it loud music?

acoustic?

electric?

this will help you in finding the right place to mix [some studios excell at certain types of music]

#5: Re: NYC Mix studio needed cheap Author: nortstudioLocation: Williamsburg, Brooklyn PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:29 pm
    —
Harley, thanks for trying to help out. I actually own a studio, but in a twist of fortune (great for business, bad for me as an engineer) I am not able to book my own room.

So I was looking for a place to work, and I think that I have found one.

this will help you in finding the right place to mix [some studios excell at certain types of music][/quote]

To be honest, the questions that you raised have some validity, but in the end, i am confident in my ability to make any room work for me.

I think it's nice to address the type of music, track numbers etc. when you have the budget - but for the low rate that I am looking to book a room, I am looking for the best gear with speakers I know in a room that translates to the boombox I will bring just to check.

Thanks again, and you can check out my space at www.headgearrecording.com

Scott
Quote:

#6: Re: NYC Mix studio needed cheap Author: supafuzzLocation: Beacon NY PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:35 pm
    —
cool studio!!!

there's never any way to tell what level anyone is on from their posts..

obviously you have some history!!

good luck
H

Tape Op Message Board -> 5/03-2/05: Studio Listings

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1