Latest gear you've acquired.....
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243  Next  :| |:
Tape Op Message Board -> Gear Talk

#3586: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: ubertarLocation: Brooklyn, NY PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 pm
    —
UREI 535 double 10-band graphic eq. Gonna try it out on some drum tracks. Apparently these use the same transformers as the 1176.

#3587: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 pm
    —
Tryna get a good used 12" speaker. So far, two were blown.

These guys sell 'em offa the Ebog or the Everb, are told they are bad, try to get me to accept the purchase-price refund but eat the [alleged] cost of shipping. I say, "no", they refund everything and say "keep it". Rolling Eyes One was even inna cabinet!

Whaddya do with blown speakers (I have a decent Celestion and a very expensive EV)?

We'll see if #3 is the lucky one ...

Also, just rec'd a used Zoom MS-60B I'm gonna try out this weekend.

#3588: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: markjazzbassistLocation: Cleveland, OH PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:42 pm
    —
vvv wrote:
Tryna get a good used 12" speaker. So far, two were blown.

These guys sell 'em offa the Ebog or the Everb, are told they are bad, try to get me to accept the purchase-price refund but eat the [alleged] cost of shipping. I say, "no", they refund everything and say "keep it". Rolling Eyes One was even inna cabinet!

Whaddya do with blown speakers (I have a decent Celestion and a very expensive EV)?

We'll see if #3 is the lucky one ...

Also, just rec'd a used Zoom MS-60B I'm gonna try out this weekend.

get them reconed. i'm sure there's a person in chicago who does it. is CTS (chicago telephone supply) still around?

#3589: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:15 am
    —
Mebbe?

http://www.ctscorp.com/

#3590: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: markjazzbassistLocation: Cleveland, OH PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 am
    —
vvv wrote:
Mebbe?

http://www.ctscorp.com/

looks like they don't do speakers anymore lol

i searched speaker repair on Yelp and found a ton of places (not sure which part of the city you live in). speaker recone is usually cheap ish, 100 bucks or less depending on size.

#3591: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:00 pm
    —
Too much time and effort, I'm afraid.

I just wanna unload 'em to someone as is, or they'll just sit in my garage until I need 'em with the time to get 'em fixed - prob'ly never.

#3592: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: Nick SevillaLocation: Los Angeles California USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 pm
    —
Brand new Powerstat VariAC... courtesy of my dad in law's estate.

The Brown Sound is closer to be attained here.

#3593: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: drumsoundLocation: Bloomington IL PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 pm
    —
Soundtoys 5 upgrade

#3594: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: A.David.MacKinnonLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm
    —
ubertar wrote:
UREI 535 double 10-band graphic eq. Gonna try it out on some drum tracks. Apparently these use the same transformers as the 1176.

I've got a pair of 539s (mono, cut only graphs). They're nice in front of and/or after a mono reverb or on a chamber/room send. Also great as line amps. Even without the graph dialed in you can just run it as a line amp with hi and lo pass filters. Super handy to have around.

#3595: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: A.David.MacKinnonLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 pm
    —
Just picked up an Audio Technica U837R hand held SDC and a realistic/Shure 33-1070B omni dynamic. $20 a pop.

#3596: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:57 am
    —
I never met a AT I don't like. And I have a pair of those Realistics I was gonna try for overheads when I was on my Recorderman kick, but never did; still, cool inexpensive mic's what I like on guitar amps, kinda like a omni-57 but better than that would be, I think.

#3597: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: A.David.MacKinnonLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 am
    —
I've never met a $20 mic I didn't like for something. Even if I can't find a use for it I give it to my 4 year old son and he'll scream along to beatles song with it.

#3598: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm
    —
I think we need some video of that.

No, I know we do! Laughing

#3599: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: roscoenycLocation: NYC PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 am
    —
for years I've had the little Yamaha MSP5s in my home studio setup. At the studio we've had the ADAM P33s which I really love.

I was ready to get some new speakers for the home setup so I called Dan at Alto in Greenpoint. He had some speakers in stock and he got one more set from their larger location for me to hear.
I went over there and he set up the Eve's, HEDDs and ADAMs. All of those with the 5" drivers. Ran them through the Dangerous mix router thing and got them all delivering the same volume, no EQ. It was a great situation to hear the 3 different speakers. EVE and HEDD are both companies founded by designers of the original ADAM stuff. They all use the similar AMT/Ribbon type tweeters.

I came there pretty much ready to pick up the ADAMs and bring them home. I ended up liking the EVE's much more.

It was a great buying experience.

At Alto

At home

#3600: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: Gregg JukeLocation: Buffalo, NY, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 am
    —
Cool

GJ

Tape Op Message Board -> Gear Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243  Next  :| |:
Page 240 of 243