Latest gear you've acquired.....
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 241, 242, 243  Next  :| |:
Tape Op Message Board -> Gear Talk

#3616: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 pm
    —
OK, I got mine, so lemme say some pedal-maker guy at Reverb mentioned how flexible was the Hofner Fuzz pedal. Now, it's made in China, it's kinda a plainish military grey rectangle box, and it can be noisy, but damn if he wasn't correct. I'm a distortion-pedal kinda guy, and boosts and fuzz and such gimme wood. This one (US$35 or so) is as much fun as my recently acquired Z Vex's. I mean, it's not anywhere built as nice nor looks as nice, but it sure sounds good - it's fun! And if ya ain't believe me, you might be one of my neighbors ... Twisted Evil

#3617: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: drumsoundLocation: Bloomington IL PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm
    —
I got an sE V7 recently, $100 dynamic mic. It sounds pretty good on guitar cabinets, and really good on snare.

#3618: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: Gregg JukeLocation: Buffalo, NY, USA PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 am
    —
Hmm. ^^^^ It almost seems like a super-cardioid version of the... the........

SM 57.

Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Wink Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

GJ

(Tony-- You know I'm over-tired, don't you? I would never say anything to harm you... 'Cause I-yi-hi, I-well-alla-ways love youuuuuoohoo, I ha-will allha-waysss...)

#3619: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: ShinyBoxLocation: Seattle, WA PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 am
    —
I was going to say shure beta 57a, but the red internal foam says it's a totally different thing Wink

#3620: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: drumsoundLocation: Bloomington IL PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:12 pm
    —
Gregg Juke wrote:
Hmm. ^^^^ It almost seems like a super-cardioid version of the... the........

SM 57.

Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Wink Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

GJ

(Tony-- You know I'm over-tired, don't you? I would never say anything to harm you... 'Cause I-yi-hi, I-well-alla-ways love youuuuuoohoo, I ha-will allha-waysss...)

Just like a 57, except that it sounds good.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You know I love you right back, ya big galoot

#3621: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: jonincLocation: canada PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 pm
    —
not a new purchase but i got my coles 4038 re-ribboned by ShinyBox and it sounds GREAT again. thick and rich.

#3622: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 pm
    —
EHX Bass Clone.

Aiight, this is it, what I needed to hear on bass.

Boss, Digicrap, Zoom, Vox - no. This - yes, going on the performance board.

Also picked up a Woolly Mammoth clone called The Yeti. Cool green color, and excellent over-da-top distortogrunge, prob'ly will stay on my bedio bass noise board, but I really like it - lotsa bass.

#3623: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: drumsoundLocation: Bloomington IL PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:09 pm
    —
I went to a good friend's "estate" gear sale. I picked up his EBow and an Ibanex AD-202 delay.

AND my new Bosphorus 18" crash showed up as well.

#3624: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: Gregg JukeLocation: Buffalo, NY, USA PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:02 am
    —
I went to several estate sales today. I came up empty, but I did see a portable Telefunken reel-to-reel. A bit beat up, so I didn't go for it. Unfortunately, no mike with it either. So in hindsight, I'm way off-topic for this thread.

GJ

#3625: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:45 pm
    —
Condolences, drumsound.

More OT, but my kid was cleaning out the garage today and wanted to discard the multitude of microphone, outboard and other music-equipment boxes.

I told him they increase the value of the actual gear and we also talked about what a PITA it would be to use those boxes to pack for a move. I just couldn't mention their value in increasing his inheritance ... Twisted Evil

#3626: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: mrcLocation: Dead Center, Bible Belt, USA PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:13 pm
    —
Laughing

#3627: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: A.David.MacKinnonLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:00 pm
    —
Just picked up a pair of Kel HM-1s on Craigslist. Going to try them out as overheads on a rock session this weekend.
Anybody have any experience with these?

#3628: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: drumsoundLocation: Bloomington IL PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:22 am
    —
vvv wrote:
Condolences, drumsound.

Thank, man. It was actually the one year anniversary, which is mind boggling.

#3629: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: vvvLocation: Chi PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:06 pm
    —
Time to write a song, perhaps.

#3630: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Author: kslight PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:12 pm
    —

Oops. I needed another bass VI like I needed...another guitar...

Tape Op Message Board -> Gear Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 241, 242, 243  Next  :| |:
Page 242 of 243