LA premiere of film I scored June 3

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

kslight
mixes from purgatory

LA premiere of film I scored June 3

Post by kslight » Tue May 17, 2016 9:58 am

https://tickets.lafilmfestival.com/Onli ... 26BD1290DB

I just looked at this now and it seems like the advance tickets are sold out, which is a bit unexpected. But there is a "rush line" I guess also.

I'm no every day composer or whatever so it's a big deal for me, and this is as close to a break as I've gotten in recent history.

But I'm very excited, I will be there. It's possible I will have an extra ticket or two but can't make any promises...if you are seriously interested in attending let me know.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Tue May 17, 2016 1:21 pm

URL didn't work for me. 500 error.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue May 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Try rthis:

Officer Downe

And congrats, ksl - I wanna see it!
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue May 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks, sorry the link works for me? There is unfortunately no trailer at the moment, but a handful of screenshots on various entertainment sites.

You have no idea how long I've been involved with this project and how agonizing the wait has been for it to come this far?this has been almost the only thing on my mind for a long time.

I guess I should mention, the film is "Officer Downe," which is based on the graphic novel by the same name. Directed by M. Shawn 'clown' Crahan from Slipknot, who shares a composing project with me (among other projects) called Psychosis Industries. This is not our first project together but it is our first full length film.

It is not a movie to take your kids to?unless they are legal adults?likewise I wouldn't recommend looking up the comic book on your work computer or whatever? But since hard 'R' comic book movies are the next big thing, this should fit right in. I obviously can't say much, but the movie is very different from any other comic book movie out there. I hope the show selling out is a good indication that it gets bought for proper distribution.

And will be my first trip to LA (being based in KC), so my wife and I get a bonus vaca too! :twisted:

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Tue May 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Hey, I would be very interested in seeing this, as I am both in LA and a composer (most of the time). Obviously if you have an extra ticket and can spare it I wouldn't turn it down, but am not above waiting in line as well...

Congratulations!

-Geoff
Geoff Mann
composer | drummer | Los Angeles, CA

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Wed May 18, 2016 6:09 pm

DrummerMan wrote:Hey, I would be very interested in seeing this, as I am both in LA and a composer (most of the time). Obviously if you have an extra ticket and can spare it I wouldn't turn it down, but am not above waiting in line as well...

Congratulations!

-Geoff
Yeah I think the problem with the "rush line" is basically that its a raffle for the last however many seats are left.

As far the spare ticket, I am not 100% if I have one or not, will know closer to showing hopefully. I think its possible they could open up another showing?as they did for another film that sold out. But because my time in LA is very limited, I will likely only attend this showtime.

Regardless, would be cool to meet up while there, or at least hear some outside critiques (I'm sure there will be plenty of those, lol). If I have a spare, its yours.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Wed May 25, 2016 5:42 am

Following the same link above, they have added a showtime on June 7 due to demand. My flight will already be on route back to KC at that time so I will not attend that showing.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 am

Was a pretty crazy premiere, sold out both auditoriums for Friday night and at least one last night (not sure if they had to open another one or not as I was on my flight home).

Lots of celebs and such, not just those that were in the movie, including Danzig and William Fichtner.