tatu on mtv movie awards...

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

tatu on mtv movie awards...

Post by TapeOpHillary » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:54 pm

...um...i think i may have become a dirty old man.

DUC
buyin' a studio

Re: tatu on mtv movie awards...

Post by DUC » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:09 am

You perv.

The red-head is cute, however. But that Japanese duo was way hotter. What was their names? I can't remember.

dbc
studio intern

Post by dbc » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:50 am

Dirty is good!

Rumor has it that these 2 aren't really into each other as much as they say. They've been seen with their respective boyfriends lately. Then again, switching back and forth could be the best of both worlds for those two...

However, I believe that it's all for the shock value and nothing else...
=8^{DC

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:24 am

Duc wrote:You perv.

The red-head is cute, however. But that Japanese duo was way hotter. What was their names? I can't remember.
what japanese duo? you mean... puffy? was puffy on there? that would surprise me, but sorta not. but it would definitely kinda make me sad in a way... i'd like, feel ashamed to like them and have a few of their records, you know ;)

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:34 am

bluepxl wrote:i'd like, feel ashamed to like them and have a few of their records, you know ;)
how is it that always happens? does everyone have that guilty pleasure? the record they hide in the back, and don't tell their friends about? I know I do. but why are we ashamed...?? my friend tells me it's because I'm a music snob. maybe...well..i guess more than maybe.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

dbc
studio intern

Post by dbc » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:42 am

It may be the embarrasment of having stashed away a record by 2 hot little pervy girls... I read somewhere that Britney Spear's first record was bought by more middle aged men and teenage boys than teenage girls... :shock:
=8^{DC

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:46 am

thegunshyboy wrote:
bluepxl wrote:i'd like, feel ashamed to like them and have a few of their records, you know ;)
how is it that always happens? does everyone have that guilty pleasure? the record they hide in the back, and don't tell their friends about? I know I do. but why are we ashamed...?? my friend tells me it's because I'm a music snob. maybe...well..i guess more than maybe.
hehe, i guess, i was kinda just kidding around... i broadcast the world all the time that i love prince and michael jackson, i don't care what they think. i was just kinda saying, it was more fun liking them before mtv did ;)

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:12 am

I didn't watch the awards, but I was comparing TATU to Puffy, which you correctly reminded me.

They are cool... but I rarely hear about any of them anymore.

DJEmbarrassment
pluggin' in mics

Post by DJEmbarrassment » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:03 pm

So, did Puffy perform on the MTV awards, or were we simply comparing "hot, young, girl singing duos" in general?

Puffy is rather interesting as far as pop music is considered and I do admit to owning 2 of their CD's! I am hoping that MTV ignores them, as I don't want my little sister to start listening to them - then, I would have to resort to my "headphone-only" stealth listening technique!

Eric S.

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:14 pm

Dude, for the last time, I didn't watch the awards. I don't think Puffy was on it, or else I would have bought TIVO.

What does yer little sister listen to? Hopefully not Britney Spears.

Did you mean you own 2 records of TATU or Puffy? I think you meant Puffy, but why would you be ashamed of listening to them? It's probably just lust. Ha!

Whenever I saw Le Tigre play, I had to ignore the fact that I was in love with Kathleen. She signed me Prince t-shirt. The Purple Rain one. She also wrote on the back, "I'm the cutest guy in this room". That was cool of her. I never wear the shirt 'cos I don't want to smudge her writing. Johanna Fateman also signed it. I love them. I'm not "in love" with them.

DJEmbarrassment
pluggin' in mics

Post by DJEmbarrassment » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:37 pm

Sorry, Duc. I was afraid that MTV might play something that I liked. I own some Puffy CD's. I have never actually heard anything by Tatu. Not a single note.

On another subject: Did anybody see Jewel's performance at the NBA final's halftime show? I thought she was a "farmer's daughter" -type singer/songwriter/poet etc. not a Britney-dyed blonde, drum-machine laden dance pop artist. What happened? She's older than I am, too, so who is the target audience?

Oh, and by the way, I heard Puffy on a local radio station and enjoyed it long before I even knew what they looked like, so I'm completely innocent!

Eric S.

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:46 pm

Are you trying to wash yer hands of this?

DJEmbarrassment
pluggin' in mics

Post by DJEmbarrassment » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:16 pm

heh heh... but, really, i've never heard this Tatu "group" at all.

The ladies of Puffy are kinda cute, tho. :oops:

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:41 pm

ya man, puffy rocks. for pop & rock music, it's really quite good. it has that crazy distinct japanese chopped up feel to it, it's real fun music that makes you wanna move. there's just something about it that feels so different from pop or rock music here. it's like grungier but cuter at the same time, with a whole chopped up rock feel that is missing here.

but you know the song "Keisatsu" which is track 1 on the album "jet"? it seems to have many elements from the who, or maybe it's just me... but i like that!

in any event, it's just FUN music.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:59 pm

Duc wrote: Whenever I saw Le Tigre play, I had to ignore the fact that I was in love with Kathleen. She signed me Prince t-shirt. The Purple Rain one. She also wrote on the back, "I'm the cutest guy in this room". That was cool of her. I never wear the shirt 'cos I don't want to smudge her writing. .
speaking of love..
When i saw Bikini Kill play like 10 years ago, i asked Kathleen to play a song and she went off on me on stage for what seemed like five minutes cause i was a guy and asked for her to play a song i liked.... I'm like "uhhh dude i'm like 17, own your records and paid for the show sorry to opress you...." haha i'd still let her sign my shirt though.