Terminator 2 extreme dvd

DUC
buyin' a studio

Terminator 2 extreme dvd

Post by DUC » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:52 am

Pretty cool for the extra scenes. Probably the best looking dvd quality I've ever scene, esp. for an older movie.

Lots of extra scenes but a trailer for terminator 3 is no where to be found.

Extremely awesome commentary with James Cameron. It has a computer overlay on the movie to show exactly what they are talking about, pointing to places of interest and high lighting other facts.

I never seen the deleted stuff until now, and I think, for the most part, it adds allot to the story. Some parts are a bit cheese, but forgivable.

Anyway... I don't like sci fi too much, but this is one of me favs.

dbc
studio intern

Re: Terminator 2 extreme dvd

Post by dbc » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:11 am

My kids gave me this for Father's Day. We watched it last night. The previous "special edition" has this same "directors cut" version on it but we could notice the enhancements...

Cameron's not at all involved with the upcoming T3. That's probably why there's no mention of it there.

But, it's a must have for all T2 fans!
=8^{DC

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:09 am

After watching the DVD twice, I came to the conclusion that the original, theatrical version is better. The extra scenes don't do much, and it ruins the pacing of the movie. Some things are left better to the imagination... and allows you to focus on good movie editing and characters.

But it was definitely fun to watch. The best part is the commentary, which I usually try to avoid like the plague. I just hate to demystify anything. I'd rather believe in magic than know how things work. Wierd, huh?

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:43 pm

I saw the director's cut like three years ago and still remember the scene where the kid tells the machine to smile, and then Arnold does that perfect machine smile. A classic scene - real shame it wasn't in the original.

But then I don't understand how they cut movies anymore. The first Lord of the Rings sucked when I saw it at the theatre, but the extended version is one of my favorite movies of all time. A completely different film, and a crime that it wasn't released in it's completed form.

mf

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:59 pm

That smile scene was one of my favorite deleted scenes, but it ruined the pacing of the movie. It segs way too fast to a brooding Linda Hamilton. Anyway... less is more.

I didn't like the Lord of the Rings and the Two Towers. Maybe I should see the extended version.