ProTools operators in Chicago--advertising

JGriffin
zen recordist

ProTools operators in Chicago--advertising

Post by JGriffin » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:29 am

I know this is primarily a music forum, but here's the scoop: I work at an in-house studio at an ad agency in Chicago, and every now and then I need vacation or overflow relief engineers. We have a ProTools TDM system in our main room and an 001 in the B room. Good client skills are important, as is a working knowledge of ProTools, and of course any experience in doing ads is helpful but not required. Please PM me if you're interested in some freelance daytime ProTools work, mainly recording voice and doing some editing. I may need someone as early as next week--sorry for the short notice!

Thanks in advance.

joe
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

mfedderman
pushin' record

Re: ProTools operators in Chicago--advertising

Post by mfedderman » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:31 pm

Hey Joe,

I PMed you, thought you might not have gotten it. I am interested. I have ad experience, editing experience, pro-tools experience, I am available during the day AND most importantly, I have good client skills.

E-mail me if you still have any overflow!

-Matt Feddermann
info@phaserecordingstudios.com
"The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left over by those who got there first!"

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:37 pm

Matt--

I did get your message, I just haven't had a chance to reply, sorry. I'll give you a ring this week.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

mfedderman
pushin' record

Post by mfedderman » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:02 am

Hey Joe,

Thats cool! I just wanted to make sure you got it!

-Matt
"The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left over by those who got there first!"

mikehari
audio school

Post by mikehari » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:55 pm

I'm a freelance guy, done most of my recent work at Gravity. Currently building my own facility with a partner, and am looking to pick up some extra editing work here and there. 5 years of Pro Tools experience, references/credits available. Would love to get involved in other aspects of recording/editing, to keep up my speed and keep working during construction and while I'm in pre-pro for a few different projects. Thanks for the consideration. Mike

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:25 pm

To all who responded to this, on this board and via PM--I apologize that I haven't gotten back to you. The agency has been kinda nuts and I quite honestly haven't taken all sorts of time off, so the issue of freelance help sorta slipped my mind. I will try to contact you all individually soon. I have not been deliberately blowing anyone off; I'm just a bit of a dingbat sometimes.

Joe