Check This Out! Scam or Ignorance?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Check This Out! Scam or Ignorance?

Post by Catoogie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:22 pm

From Craigslist:

I have 30 original songs that were copy righted but that has expired. The songs were not previously published.

I am looking for a buyer I do not need credit royalties you may change the music and word anyway you want.

I am asking $300,000 but will entertain offers

coolbeansnyc@yahoo.com

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Re: Check This Out! Scam or Ignorance?

Post by Catoogie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:31 pm

?The songs are written on #12 Stave Medium paper circa 1946-1960 the time periods vary. The copy rights have lapsed and so I cannot allow you to hear them. If you wish, I will send a Notery slip that the songs exist and to the number of them and to my right to sell them.

?I have found 9 more songs for a total of 39 songs. If you are prepared for the sale tomorrow at noon in Hazleton I will include these nine songs at no extra cost.

Please let me know, and provide me with your full name and address when we meet at the bank, please have ID. I will prepare a record of sale and have it ready for our signitures. You may have a lawyer join us if you wish. I'd rather not have one. I am perfectly able to draw up a legal document four our signatures?

?I am in the process of acquiring permission to sell an additional 30 songs ( which were written in collaboration with someone else also deceased) The living family members may desire the music or release it for sale I am not sure. In any case, let me know when you are ready regarding the other songs. I am going to continue to search for buyers. If I sell in the mean time, I will let you know.?

?I cannot provide the names of the songs or allow them to be seen or heard because they are no longer protected and can be eaily copied if seen or heard. My deceased relative was the writer and publisher.

As for the additional songs i found( while going through my deceased relatives belongings) I have not heard yet from that person's family and that may be some time before I have word as to whether or not I can sell. As it stands now, I have the 39 songs which I have the right to sell.?

?The point of selling the songs is so someone can make a LOT of songs OUT of the ones I have not to use these songs inparticular. I am surprised you do not know what to do with what I am offering.?

?A song writer will create a thousand songs in addition to the ones I have rearranging the lyric and notes, do you understand now? That is all. These songs have never been published they will need to be made to 'fit' the times. I am willing to entertain an offer. If you know a writer, ask them they will know what I am talking about.?

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:46 pm

Catoogie wrote:“The songs are written on #12 Stave Medium paper circa 1946-1960 the time periods vary. The copy rights have lapsed and so I cannot allow you to hear them. If you wish, I will send a Notery slip that the songs exist and to the number of them and to my right to sell them.

“I have found 9 more songs for a total of 39 songs. If you are prepared for the sale tomorrow at noon in Hazleton I will include these nine songs at no extra cost.

Please let me know, and provide me with your full name and address when we meet at the bank, please have ID. I will prepare a record of sale and have it ready for our signitures. You may have a lawyer join us if you wish. I'd rather not have one. I am perfectly able to draw up a legal document four our signatures”

“I am in the process of acquiring permission to sell an additional 30 songs ( which were written in collaboration with someone else also deceased) The living family members may desire the music or release it for sale I am not sure. In any case, let me know when you are ready regarding the other songs. I am going to continue to search for buyers. If I sell in the mean time, I will let you know.”

“I cannot provide the names of the songs or allow them to be seen or heard because they are no longer protected and can be eaily copied if seen or heard. My deceased relative was the writer and publisher.

As for the additional songs i found( while going through my deceased relatives belongings) I have not heard yet from that person's family and that may be some time before I have word as to whether or not I can sell. As it stands now, I have the 39 songs which I have the right to sell.”

“The point of selling the songs is so someone can make a LOT of songs OUT of the ones I have not to use these songs inparticular. I am surprised you do not know what to do with what I am offering.”

“A song writer will create a thousand songs in addition to the ones I have rearranging the lyric and notes, do you understand now? That is all. These songs have never been published they will need to be made to 'fit' the times. I am willing to entertain an offer. If you know a writer, ask them they will know what I am talking about.”

stay AWAY from this person.
definite scam.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:50 pm

RefD wrote: stay AWAY from this person.
definite scam.
Yes, stay away.

Or, go check out the Off topic forum, where we are trying to outbid each other for this great deal.

nlmd311
tinnitus

Post by nlmd311 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:08 pm

Catoogie wrote:..."I am perfectly able to draw up a legal document four our signatures?
Sounds like a good deal four someone. Especially the fact that he can draw up a legal document, hoping he doesn't incorrectly spell a key word or two.

I also like the part about 9 more just popping up. Thats really neat too. Err, two.?

Totally Rad!

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Post by Catoogie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:24 pm

This is AWESOME!!! I just read the posts on Off Topic. I LOVE jerking scammers around!! I just made her an offer of $650,000.00 CASH. Only thing is she wants me to go to Hazelton, PA. GOnna see if she'll come down to Philly.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:40 pm

Catoogie wrote:This is AWESOME!!! I just read the posts on Off Topic. I LOVE jerking scammers around!! I just made her an offer of $650,000.00 CASH. Only thing is she wants me to go to Hazelton, PA. GOnna see if she'll come down to Philly.
is she a Rachel?
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Post by Catoogie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:44 pm

Kathleen

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Post by Catoogie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:45 pm

With arthritis and that is why she mispells some of the words. More than once..the exact same mispellings.