Studio - Putnam\Westchester, New York area

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Studio - Putnam\Westchester, New York area

Post by TA » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:47 pm

Hello all, I am searching for someone to partner with on developing a studio. Looking for someone with a space to set up shop and merge gear with.
My current studio situation is a partnership agreement. Its a pretty cool set up. He has the room and we merged our gear to make it happen. I work the sessions, all though my partner has no interest in recording. I try to show him how to use the gear in an effort to capture his interest, but he`s just not interested. He set up this room in his house to jam in and I think he thought he was going to make some money turning it into a recording studio.
Anyhow, he has kinda let it fall to his waist side due to his lack of interest and now I have my gear there and a one sided effort generating gigs. Dont get me wrong I love the fact that I get to run the sessions, however few and far between, its just that I would rather partner up with someone who loves recording, working and learning from each other, someone in it for the long hall. It is a part time gig, I do have a "day job". Of course I would love to always be in the studio full time. Thats the goal!

I am a April`02 grad from IAR in NYC. I am fairly new to the recording industry, which is one of the biggest reason why I want to partner with someone of the same interest. I have spent alot of time playing guitar in bands before my studies at IAR and investments in my own recording gear shifting my focus on recording other peoples music.

Some gear I use HD24, a beater Behringer MX9000 console, a couple of out board fx and comps, PC, Neundo, Cool Edit, Soundforge......

Well, just throwing it out there.........
Last edited by TA on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayJay13
audio school

Re: Studio - Putnam\Westchester, New York area

Post by JayJay13 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:35 pm

Wonder if you got any takes yet. Wonder if you are located in Putnam Country. Just wondering if we are neighbors?
Jay
Garage Music Productions

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Re: Studio - Putnam\Westchester, New York area

Post by TA » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:20 am

Hello Jay,

Welcome to TapeOp. I noticed you are new to the msg board. I have not got any takes as of yet. But I believe we are neighbors! In fact I think I know you! My current studio is in Lake Carmel. I use to work at R&D Music with David where we meet, I remember you showing me your studio once about a year ago.

We also worked together for that benifit concert for the late music direct from Carmel High School. I remember we had like 45min to an hour to set up and get all the levels and we where still patching when the concert started! You know I never did get a copy of the CD for that show we recorded, do you have any?

Anyway, Are you still working for the CBS morning show?, I dont know if you remember me but I remember you. Actualy you may know who my current studio partner is, I know David knows him. So please try to keep my search from falling on his ears for know (not Davids ears, I mean my partners ears)

I dont know if you are possibly interested in doing something together? But I am looking for someone to share a recording space to set up shop. A commercial space would be ideal! I have been pretty busy the last few month at the studio and things seem to be picking up for now, mostly word of mouth. Gigs come and go, hot and cold. I have been recording alot of high school rock bands as well as some college bands. In fact I am on my way to the studio shortly for a gig. I will PM you my cell# if you feel like giving me a call.

Well, its good to hear from you and I hope all is well.

Rob