Seeking Mastering Engineer

filterdish
alignin' 24-trk

Seeking Mastering Engineer

Post by filterdish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:57 am

I'm looking to find an affordable but excellent mastering engineer ASAP to master an album (10 songs) that I recorded and mixed. It is a unique album featuring the vocal talents of a korean woman (a huge deep dynamic and raspy voice with a signature vibrato) over an instrumentation of classical guitar, drums, and violin. Very cool stuff, you just have to hear it.

I've done "mastering" in the past, but would prefer to hand this one over to someone who can really make it shine. I'd prefer a mastering engineer who has some analog equipment rather than another Waves/Plug-in person like myself.

Anybody interested? In brief I'm looking for someone:
-Affordable
-analog(ish)
-in or near SF Bay (not necessary but would be nice)
-can perhaps provide a "demo" mastering of a clip or two to show me what they can do.
-available to work this week

Alright, thanks everybody, please email me at

filterdish@hotmail.com

-Kevin
if you can't see me in my mirrors
i can't see you

mixcritique
audio school graduate

Re: Seeking Mastering Engineer

Post by mixcritique » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:53 pm

Give me a shout at www.mixcritique.com (contact page). We can talk specifics then. Here's a sample from a project I'm currently mastering for a Christian band in Minnesota (we are in SoCal BTW). http://www.songramp.com/homepage.ez?Who ... pleid=6577

Affordable, quality and we use great analog gear. No computers in the masterintg suite either! (I've been doing this 28+ years.)

Look forward to hearing it,
-Mike

elijahn
audio school graduate

Post by elijahn » Fri May 07, 2004 5:12 pm

Hi there
i just finished a mastering session with Paul Stubblebine paulstubblebine.com. His work is absolutely top notch and totally worth the money. I researched several people including getting samples but he was far and away the best... there you go. email me if you have any questions... elijahn@speakeasy.net

Toddf
takin' a dinner break

Post by Toddf » Sat May 08, 2004 12:02 am

What is your budget for mastering? Todd F.
Todd Fitzgerald
Producer/Engineer
Winterland Studios
Minneapolis, MN
www.winterlandstudios.com