RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Baldwin Orgasonic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g.centauri
audio school

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Baldwin Orgasonic Reply with quote

Hi.

I just bought this Baldwin Orgasonic which is kind of a cheesy organ, but still, at $50 i figured it was worth it. It has 2 12" speakers and a rotating speaker, i don't know if that means it is a Leslie by default, but it does the same effect. It has transistors and tubes, i believe the tubes are for the power amplifier. It also has this thing called something like Panoramic Sound, which looks to me just like a spring reverb, but i am not sure if it is working correctly.

So I have 2 questions mainly:

Does anyone have any information on the organ itself, (i looked online and didn't really find the kind of info i was looking for) such as what the panoramic sound actually is, what the delay lines do, etc. etc. um.

Also, I was wondering about the possibility of modifying the organ a bit, or at least using the amplifier and effects circuitry on its own, without the organ, like running vocals or guitar or some other instrument through it, i suppose that would depend on impedance and such, but it is really loud and has a nice sound and i kind of want to experiment with the amplifier and effects circuits. So if that sounds feasible at all, let me know.

Thans a lot.

grant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: