San Diego Pro Audio Manufacturing Internship/Job Available

helsing
audio school

San Diego Pro Audio Manufacturing Internship/Job Available

Post by helsing » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:26 pm

Jon Erickson here. I run a small pro audio design and manufacturing company in San Diego called Helsing Audio. You may have seen me on the Low Budget tech panel at the TapeOp Con in New Orleans.

Until recently my business was primarily focused around rackmounting vintage mic pres. Last year I paired up with another company named Roll Music to develop a summing bus product called the Folcrom. Check it out on my site www.helsingaudio.com.

Recently I have been doing design work for another larger manufacturer and will be in need of people to help me with assembly work in the near future. Getting parts ready, soldering, testing, parts inventory and ordering. There will also be some vintage module rackmounting work from time to time. Im looking for somebody that is very good at working with tools and their hands and has a natural aptitude for building things from scratch. I want a self starter who will do their homework and has a genuine desire to get into this sort of business. Basic electronics knowledge is a plus but not necessary if you are smart and hungry to do this work.

Web and graphic design knowledge would be great. We always need help in this area.

This is a golden opportunity for somebody into learning about pro audio electronics and manufacturing. This would start as an unpaid internship but could move to a paid position. If you can make the business money and reduce my stress, you'll see a paycheck fast. Im flexible with hours and we'd be working out of my house.

Email and tell me about yourself.

jon@helsingaudio.com

Thanks

Jon Erickson

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Re: San Diego Pro Audio Manufacturing Internship/Job Availab

Post by Scodiddly » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:11 am

Ummm...

Ermmm...

So even assembly and solder monkeys have to start for free these days?

Ouch. :(

helsing
audio school

Post by helsing » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:20 pm

Like I said, this would turn into a paid position fast if it works out. I have "solder monkeys" that I can call on. Im looking for somebody who wants to get into this business seriously. You'll learn a ton. If you are a recording engineer you'd be amazed at how much electronic knowledge will improve your recordings.

DIY is where I come from and Im happy to help you work on your own designs as well.

Jon
jon@helsingaudio.com

dougo
pushin' record

Post by dougo » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:23 pm

PM me regarding this position. I am located in North County.

Thank you,
dougo
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997