we want to share or rent our space in portland

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

we want to share or rent our space in portland

Post by aurelialuz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:42 am

we've got a big space in NE portland, it's a two room apartment over an old shop space, very wilco-esque. the downstairs is one big room with a back room and a little bathroom, probably 40'x 60' w/ 9' ceilings and concrete floors. we've started framing in a smaller control room which is in process, and we're going to need more treatment, but the room sounds pretty good as-is. the building is on the corner of two relatively un-busy streets and the other two sides are surrounded by a big parking lot which we control. we have wireless internet and a web server.

but - we need help with the rent. there's a lot of time going unused during the day and there's some evenings open right now too. we're looking for someone that wants to do primarily recording, but if you just wanted a spacious practice space, that would probably be cool too. but this is primarily a recording space and if you were just practicing there, you'd need to be respectful of that (whatever that means). we have some cool mics, a little bit of cool outboard, and a ramsa board that needs to replaced but works fine for returns. price and useage times are totally negotiable, but we're going to be looking a couple hundred dollars/mo. minimum, just to make it worth for us.

but yeah, PM me or write me at aurelialuz at yahoo if you're interested or you have friends/aquaintances who might be.

thanks,
alex
Last edited by aurelialuz on Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

mtw
gettin' sounds

Re: we want to share our space in portland

Post by mtw » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:50 pm

I can vouch for the man and the space!

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Re: we want to share our space in portland

Post by aurelialuz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:10 am

we're still looking for someone on this. might i also add that the room sounds great for drums and other roomy things, and we've had great success renting the space to other engineers in the past to track on their own equipment. if you need a good room to track basics to take back to your project studio, hit us up, we're cheap.

thanks,
alex
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."