Clock problems, Cubase, layla, AI3???

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
jc_terrones
gettin' sounds

Clock problems, Cubase, layla, AI3???

Post by jc_terrones » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:30 am

Hello,

I am currently experiencing what I think is a clocking problem. My setup is the following: Cubase sx, Layla 24, Alesis AI-3(20 bit version). Cubase is set to 32 bit, 44.1. When I record I have the clock set to external Adat in the Layla control panel.

When I record and playback with the clock set to the AI-3, it sounds normal. When I take the firewire drive that I record with and hook it up to my laptop, playback is slowed down quite a bit. The pitch is much lower and the speed is much slower. I also experience the problem when I render to a 2-track mix and then burn it to a CD. The track on the CD also plays slow.

Any ideas?

Jon

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Re: Clock problems, Cubase, layla, AI3???

Post by apropos of nothing » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:26 pm

jc_terrones wrote:Hello,
I am currently experiencing what I think is a clocking problem. My setup is the following: Cubase sx, Layla 24, Alesis AI-3(20 bit version). Cubase is set to 32 bit, 44.1. When I record I have the clock set to external Adat in the Layla control panel.

When I record and playback with the clock set to the AI-3, it sounds normal. When I take the firewire drive that I record with and hook it up to my laptop, playback is slowed down quite a bit. The pitch is much lower and the speed is much slower. I also experience the problem when I render to a 2-track mix and then burn it to a CD. The track on the CD also plays slow.
Jon

Sounds like the Alesis is recording at 48khz. Try setting Cubase to use 48 when you import the tracks and see if that solves it.