Washington, DC

samuelkim
audio school

Washington, DC

Post by samuelkim » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:05 pm

hello,

i've been here for about a year now ... flew in from Canada to Washington, DC. right now in life, i'm looking for a band.

i've just finished my third solo album this month, and as my music has progressed, it's become increasingly electronic since i don't see the point of making computers sound like a 'real band'. i just played a live gig in arlington recently with some friends, and i miss that improvisational energy that comes with playing live. i still love electronica and indie rock and i'd love to continue to pursue it, but i think playing with others could really add something.

i play guitar/piano/synth/bass and i mess around on other stuff. it really depends on what serves the music best.

the things that are in my ear:
pedro the lion, wilco, appleseed cast, mogwai, interpol, starflyer 59, ester drang, new order, u2, radiohead, the notwist, sigur ros, low

and yadda yadda... my ipod is very full.

i also spent a year in england studying at paul mccartney's institute of performing arts learning about audio engineering and live sound. i love talking on end about pro tools and what not.

feel free to visit my website, email, or message me.

thanks.