San Francisco audio post collective?

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

San Francisco audio post collective?

Post by Mr. Dipity » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:20 pm

I'm looking for people interested in starting a post production collective in SF: audio editing, VO/ADR engineering, scoring to picture, mixing to 5.1 - anything to do with audio and film post.

I'm thinking that it's easier to build the momentum by pooling the efforts of more than one person, and once the work is there, it will create itself.

This could be a support group of people in the business or some kind of cooperative. My main focus initailly is on building a buzz and drumming up interesting projects to be involved with.

MSG me offlist if this sounds interesting to you.

earth tones
steve albini likes it

Re: San Francisco audio post collective?

Post by earth tones » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:44 am

Have you received any feedback on this idea. This definitely sounds like something that I could see myself doing eventually. Unfortunately, I just graduated from school and my financial situation is not stable enough for such a venture. At least I don't think so. Oh well, let me know what happens.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Re: San Francisco audio post collective?

Post by Mr. Dipity » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:48 pm

cetanorak wrote:Have you received any feedback on this idea. This definitely sounds like something that I could see myself doing eventually. Unfortunately, I just graduated from school and my financial situation is not stable enough for such a venture. At least I don't think so. Oh well, let me know what happens.
Yes, I've got a few responses, all from varying levels of experience and commitment - from career engineers interested in building an actual facility to those more in a situation like yourself.

Personally, I'm closer to the former than the latter - my initial ideas revolve more around sharing the work and overhead involved in bringing in new business. It's just a set of rough ideas at this point, however : I'm sure that others will have better ones.

PM me your contact details if you want, and I'll set something up.