New Studio at the Old Redmond Firehouse (Seattle)

doc
pushin' record

New Studio at the Old Redmond Firehouse (Seattle)

Post by doc » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:38 am

The Old Redmond Firehouse Teen Center has an amazing media lab and recording studio. It's very affordable and the quality is great! The studio was designed by Joe and Manny Hadlock of Bear Creek Recording Studios http://www.bearcreekstudio.com so the rooms sound fantastic. The studio has a large control room, live room, and three isolation booths.

The studio includes a Pro Tools recording platform, lots of good microphones (including Shure, Sennheiser, and AKG), Sytek and Aphex mic pres, Crane Song, DBX, and Orban compressors, and best of all...a well-trained, friendly recording engineer.

We've recorded such bands as Akimbo, Suffering and the Hideous Thieves, Birds of Prey, The Dawn Treaders and many more. We'll record any type of band in any musical genre, always working with the artist to create a product they're happy with.

Here's the part that will leave you smiling...

$17.00/hour for teens living inside Redmond (only $170.00 per day)
$20.00/hour for teens living outside Redmond (only $200.00 per day)
$23.00/hour for adults living or working inside Redmond (only $230.00 per day)
$25.00/hour for adults living and working outside Redmond. (only $250.00 per day)

Only one member of the band needs to fall into the above categories to qualify the band for that rate. Considering that most studios in Seattle charge anywhere from $500.00 to $1000.00 per day, this is a great deal. You will not get the facilities or expertise we offer for that kind of money anywhere else in Seattle.

Feel free to email Matt with any questions at melancholyrecordings@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

Davin
audio school graduate

Re: New Studio at the Old Redmond Firehouse (Seattle)

Post by Davin » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:13 pm

Your studio is amazing! Great prices!
How was working with Modust Mouse? The Strokes?

doc
pushin' record

Re: New Studio at the Old Redmond Firehouse (Seattle)

Post by doc » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:48 am

Sorry Karl, but Joe and Manny from Bearcreek designed the Old Firehouse studio where I work. Modest Mouse and The Strokes recorded at Bear Creek, not the Old Firehouse. I wish I had gotten to record them, but I didn't. The rates are also much at higher at Bear Creek, but well worth every penny at both studios.

Thanks,
Doc