RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
engineering portfolio sites?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Producer/Engineer and Studio Job Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexdingley
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

Well, in the 24 hours that mine's been up....

so far, I've recieved 1 "bravo" but no business.... I'll keep you posted.

the Flash file on my site resides in an .html page... and on the .html page, I put in a bunch of meta tags and keywords to make it come up in search engines.

I'm only sorta web savvy.... so I'm not sure if my site will come up in a google search or not.
MitoPro
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

Is anyone using MySpace.com as a promotional tool? Not just for bands, but for yourself as an engineer? Just curious if anyone is doing so, and if they've found it helpful or not.
thanks, M
cjmnash
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

hey guys- here's my site www.chrismara.com . i've had it up for over 5 years, and every year business that is generated by my site increases dramatically. i mainly use it to as a information base. i can have a conversation with a potential client and have them digging around on my site in real-time; listening to some things, looking at some pictures of different studios, etc, etc. I love it. with hosting and web designers getting easier to find everyday- it's a no brainer.

I also have a site on myspace- www.myspace.com/chrismara . I encourage that as well- bands are there soley to meet other people in the industry- and are open to checking out other people, and thus far have been really receptive to my prostitution. Smile

Rock out.

Chris
ps- I do indie rock; and my site is geared towards them!
Seventh Wave Studio
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

MySpace....

I just did one. All the beands I work with are on it, so why not?

Be my friend??

"All we know is all we are"
(misheard lyric) Kurt Cobain
JohnSuitcase
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

I just launched my new recording business, I've been doing engineering for a long time on a very part-time basis, but am trying to make a go of it full-time now. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. I do mostly punk/indie stuff, so keep that in mind!

http://suitcaserecordings.com

The 'demo reels' section has some stuff I've done, as well.
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

I think there was a thread a while back that ragged on the usage of "we" when the company is comprised of just one person.

However, I go between third person and first person interchangeably on my site, whatever.

-C
condeleezzasleazza
audio school

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

If you want to see examples of portfolio websites to go http://newyorkmusician.com and look under Engineers. They've got about a hundred engineers in New York listed there with links to their websites. Everything there is free.
JohnSuitcase
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: engineering portfolio sites? Reply with quote

Yeah, the "we" versus "I" thing is a little confusing. I used "we" since I do occasionally have assistants on projects, but basically I am the business, so "I" may be more appropriate. I'll give it some more thought...

I know it may seem self-indulgent, but do you think the "philosophy" stuff is relevant? I don't mean to dis proper studios, but I'm also trying to emphasize my style of working.

Thanks for your time and suggestions!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Producer/Engineer and Studio Job Listings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: