RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Percussionists Please Read!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Musicians Wanted/Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

I've got this piece that i've written for percussion, cello, violin, double bass, alto and baritone saxes, i've done the demo and i start tracking in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if anyone and everyone would be interested in recording percussion and drum parts without hearing the piece, i think it would give the piece an interesting dimension. I'm after as many different performances as possible to make interesting combinations, different takes on the beat. I'd love beats, loops, brief or longer performances, ideas, any division of the beat, whatever people come up with on whatever percussion instrument they choose. Live instruments only please, and wav files at 44.1kHz would be best. I'm hoping for a multitude of patterns and ideas on a wide range of percussion. The tune's in 3/4, divide that as you will, it's 130bpm. Feel free to PM me or just post your contribution here.

Whatever you've got time to do, i'd be ever so grateful for the input, thanks guys,
Matt.

rigsbysmith.com
Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

So, we don't get to hear the demo or anything? Is this a jazz piece? All I have set up now is my Roland V-Club kit. There's not enough room for my acoustic kit in this room! I have a nice jazz kit for my Rolands though.
SlabOLab
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

I can send you a minute of ali farka inspired gourd abuse, but its over 5 megs - do you have an ftp spot?
cgarges
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

So you just want 44.1kHz wav. files of like 74 minutes of real instruments in 3/4 at 130BPM?

Sure, I'm in. Why not? Are opera gongs okay?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ wrote:
So, we don't get to hear the demo or anything? Is this a jazz piece? All I have set up now is my Roland V-Club kit. There's not enough room for my acoustic kit in this room! I have a nice jazz kit for my Rolands though.

No, you don't get to hear the piece, i think that might make it more interesting. It's kind of a mix of elements of Jazz, Classical with some Arabic modes, but i don't want to say too much. Yeah, go on, give us some of your V-Drums, thanks!

SlabOLab wrote:
I can send you a minute of ali farka inspired gourd abuse, but its over 5 megs - do you have an ftp spot?

That'd be great, thanks. I'm hoping it's okay to use this...

http://www.creot.com/viewtopic.php?t=1087&highlight=creot+ftp

I'm sure Rob'll be along to say no if it's not. Can you PM me when it's up?

cgarges wrote:
So you just want 44.1kHz wav. files of like 74 minutes of real instruments in 3/4 at 130BPM?

Sure, I'm in. Why not? Are opera gongs okay?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Whatever you like Chris, anything and everything really, though i have no idea what opera gongs are. Where did you get 74 mins from? Might be a little difficult to up and download files that big. I figure you're kidding with that.

Keep them coming people!

rigsbysmith.com
joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do, Matt.
bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

Rigsby wrote:

That's stabby's baby, matt. He was getting pissed off with ampguy archiving stuff there but yeah. I dunno. I'm sure matt (stabby) will chime if it gets full.

Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(The Crudballs, Tyrone P. Spink, The Fuxx, Shitters, The Geighs...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cgarges
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

Rigsby wrote:
Where did you get 74 mins from? Might be a little difficult to up and download files that big. I figure you're kidding with that.

Yeah, sort of an srbitrary close-to-CDR legnth number.

What's the tonic?

Chris
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

joeysimms wrote:
I'll see what I can do, Matt.

Nice one, cheers Tom.

bobbydj wrote:
Rigsby wrote:

That's stabby's baby, matt. He was getting pissed off with ampguy archiving stuff there but yeah. I dunno. I'm sure matt (stabby) will chime if it gets full.

Ah, didn't realise it wasn't for general use amongst Creot members, i'll PM him tomorrow and download the stuff then too so it can be removed. Cheers Rob.

cgarges wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
Where did you get 74 mins from? Might be a little difficult to up and download files that big. I figure you're kidding with that.

Yeah, sort of an srbitrary close-to-CDR legnth number.

What's the tonic?

Chris

I'm not really after a whole sample CD! Any excerpts, loops, ideas, whatever will be gratefully recieved though. I'd be very keen for you to get involved if you have any time Chris.

rigsbysmith.com
cgarges
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

Rigsby wrote:
I'm not really after a whole sample CD! Any excerpts, loops, ideas, whatever will be gratefully recieved though. I'd be very keen for you to get involved if you have any time Chris.

Is there a tonal center?

Chris
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

cgarges wrote:
Rigsby wrote:

Is there a tonal center?

Chris

Yes, sorry, Eb minor. What do you have in mind?

rigsbysmith.com
cgarges
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

Rigsby wrote:
Yes, sorry, Eb minor. What do you have in mind?

Nothing specific. It just gives me a better pitched reference for instruments with a strong tonal center like certain bells, gongs, frame drums, etc.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

cgarges wrote:
bells, gongs, frame drums, etc.

Very interested in having some of those. Nice one Chris.

rigsbysmith.com
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

Just got the first contribution, thanks a lot SlabOLab.

If anyone doesn't have percussion but wants to contribute, patterns etc on anything non-tuned also welcome, household items, bodies, whatever.

Be creative as you like, just has to fit within 3/4 at 130bpm.

rigsbysmith.com
Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Percussionists Please Read! Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. I'm not used to working in 3/4 so I'll have to do a bit of practicing without the rest of the track. You say bodies... hmmm I enjoy doing beat box / effects with my mouth too, so maybe I can give you a few of those to play with as well. Is there a time frame or deadline you'd like to set?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Musicians Wanted/Available All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: