RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DryCounty
buyin' a studio
http://www.tulsadrone.com/img/scottwalker.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

This was done yesterday, January 10, 2005 at a clients "warehouse space". They are a design firm in Richmond, and own an old tobacco warehouse and only occupy the ground floor. It recently flooded, bad.

The fourth floor window overlooks a double train trestle, so while I was there fixing their machines (I do computer repair for a living) I decided to try my hand at mobile recording, and I was eager to use the pair of Stapes I just picked up here on the boards.

I used my powerbook 867 and an M-Box along with the rev. A Stapes stereo omnis. No compression, eq, or reverb was added, although I'm sure some will say it needs it.

The file is close to 7MB in size, so take your time and enjoy!

http://www.drycounty.net/mp3/train01112005.mp3
Dry County Records Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty
misterock
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

Is that really a freight train, for real?

Can I use it?
DryCounty
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

http://grotz.buzznet.com/

How will they be used? I have no problem with it but I'm going to be using this for something coming up.[/img]

Last edited by DryCounty on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
misterock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

I'm really a nobody...

Only a small group of people will hear it if I use it in a song. Hell, it is a song, it's mesmerizing.

Are you sure it's not sequenced?
DryCounty
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

Sequenced? Heh, I wish.
The only thing I've done besides making it an MP3 is fade in and fade out.

Go ahead and use it, just let me know when I can hear it!
misterock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

Cat's!

I have seven kittens in the other room, plus the mom, she had six last August, my wife swears they are cute, I'm not so sure!

That freight train sounds deadly, or should I say marvelous. I live close to tracks and have often thought of trying this. Thanks for your generosity, bro!
DryCounty
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

One word: neuter!

I'm actually working on a double-CD of nothing but train noises. It's something I've always dreamt of hearing, an entire CD of trains.
nlmd311
tinnitus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

Awesome! The recording is incredible.
DryCounty wrote:

I'm actually working on a double-CD of nothing but train noises. It's something I've always dreamt of hearing, an entire CD of trains.

Let me know when you get it finished, I would love to hear it.
It would be great if you could get on a train, and make a recording of that (especially on a long/semi-long trip at around 3am when everyone has gone to sleep and the train is just kind of swaying because it is going so fast). THAT would be great. That has to be one of the most soothing sounds, and feelings.
Trains.

-Darrill
DryCounty
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

Well, it's a dream but so far I've got quite a lot collected. From passenger trains in Sydney to coal cars in VA to Amtrak platforms in NYC. I'll definitely let the board know!
nlmd311
tinnitus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

DryCounty wrote:
Well, it's a dream but so far I've got quite a lot collected. From passenger trains in Sydney to coal cars in VA to Amtrak platforms in NYC. I'll definitely let the board know!

awesome.

-Darrill
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Stapes test ... freight train in stereo ... enjoy Reply with quote

DryCounty wrote:

I live next to a railway line, record trains all the time, the night ones are pretty good, usually freight and in the daytime it's all passenger trains, you want some London action for the disc?

This was nice by the way, shame that something hit the mic at some point, but good stuff.

rigsbysmith.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: