RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Sound Workshop Mixers?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew embassy
george martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

http://seattle.craigslist.org/msg/56026359.html

Anybody know anything about these mixers? I'm looking for a cheap mixer for my new Delta 1010 i/o card and this looks cool in that I might be able to upgrade with different channel strips as I need to. Also the fact that it has phantom power (with a fuse, apparently) is a plus. Anybody?
Nathan Eldred
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

I can't really comment on that particular board. I own a Sound Workshop Series 30 and a Sound Workshop 1280. I had my Series 30 modded and worked on for about 2 weeks straight by the original production manager, who at the time when I got the board was living about 45 minutes from here. I'm happy with mine.

Here's a quote from Paul Wolff:
"After API closed in 1978, most of the original engineers, including Paul Galbert, who had designed the API 554 sweep and the 954 automated equalizers, went to work for Sound Workshop and later for Otari when it acquired Sound Workshop."

analogcabin
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

I've been using a Sound Workshop 34C for quite a while now and it is a great board. Good pres....useable EQ. That board for a clam and a half seems like a good buy. Check out the S.W. Forum too:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soundworkshop/
Chris_Avakian
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

i love the 1600 we have. were working on rebuilding a 1280 right now,and im excited to have that.should be a good front end to my motu 828mkII
bigtoe
deaf.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

i know a guy who has a series 40 for sale...750 bucks...needs work but at that price you could use it for parts...if anyone is interested - pm me! i'll get ya his address.

Mike
andrew embassy
george martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

This one says the sliders and pots need a good cleaning- what would be a good way to go about doing this? Just spray pot cleaning solution on each one?

Also, I'm assuming there's kind of a standard for different channel strips, right? Am I limited to Sound Workshop channels or can I get one or two chanel strips from most other consoles?
nestle
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

used to work at a place back in 89' that had one, it got very pro results. Good desk
drewbass
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound Workshop Mixers? Reply with quote

check out what p+g have to say about cleaning:use water!
d

http://www.coopersound.com/Application/cleanpg.htm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: