RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Groovespace on Maui

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Studio Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Groovespace
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Groovespace on Maui Reply with quote

I've just completed work on a small space here at my place in Paia, Maui. It's small, roughly 190 sq. feet but it's got a nice sound.

My website is http://www.groovespace.org/ The site is coming up as I get it all together. The end goal is to provide a webspace for local musicians to network their trade plus share skills and songs. There will always be some free Maui-grown music here.

The studio's main function is personal... a rehersal space for my band, Electric Soup. I play bass and engineer our stuff. Tricky but fun as hell and we all get a chance to hear what we just played! It can also serve as a space to lay down some demo tracks without all the overhead of a bigger studio.

It's still in the rough, but it'll look better as I put a little more time and money into it.

Ya gotta love that sleeping bag drum baffle. Rolling Eyes

2 tracks into an M-Audio Mobile Pre then into the HP/Compaq 1.6 ghz laptop via USB 2.0. I get clean recordings with no dropouts and it's all very mobile.

If your on Maui, look me up in Paia Town and stop in for a jam!

Dino
Groovespace
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Groovespace on Maui Reply with quote

Believe it or not I've got my first recording session booked for this Sunday!! Record a few four-song-sets for a mirconesian trio. Wink They need a demo CD.

I've improved on the wall coverings...lol. That was so I could play the day I finished it. I've covered the walls with grass matts. It's a bit reflective, but it kills the echo. I need bass traps next.
The best improvement as of today is air conditioning!! ahhhhhhh Cool

Got a regersal with my band in there tonight...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Studio Listings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: