RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Kill my iPod...please help me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scodiddly
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

I think the iPods are neat, but I'll probably end up buying the Archos or something else that's a little more open. Plus I'd only buy something that recorded as well as played back.
maz
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

MichaelAlan wrote:

Thank you Maz, but I bow before no man. A "thank you" is in order...Thanks..n stuff.

Seriously that's awesome. I owe you a coke.

Mike

yeah, I was psyched when I found that too! There's a couple other apps but that's the best free one. The only thing is that every time Apple updates either iPod software or iTunes, they usually break stuff like this. go to
http://www.versiontracker.com and there will usually be an update out a few days later that makes it work again.

There's also a cool program called GetTunes that allows you to copy music from a shared library which is cool if you have your music library on your home computer but want to put some songs on your laptop. Or, um, stealing music from people at coffeehouses too.
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

Rockin'. This will probably be the only time I need it, but it's good to have. Like I said, i only needed it to get my own music back ON my computer after I formatted. I figured if I see something as a stupid problem, someone smarter than me has already written a program to counter it.

Thanks smart folks.

Mike
sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

http://www.osxhax.com/archives/cat_itunes_hacks.html
ottokbre
deaf.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

maz wrote:

Or, um, stealing music from people at coffeehouses too.

yo yo yo! no one stealing here! Just "barrowing" is all. Watchyo mouth son!
ottokbre
deaf.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

maz wrote:

There's also a cool program called GetTunes that allows you to copy music from a shared library which is cool if you have your music library on your home computer but want to put some songs on your laptop.

there is another script, a Java one, that runs on both OSX and Windows called OurTunes
apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

Wilkesin wrote:
Those are cool as hell, but i dont care for any of that picture viewer and whatever else shit and the website doesnt seem to sell the older "music only" models...any idea where i can buy one? I didnt notice any listings on eBAY right away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48682&item=5748413235&rd=1

I have the Jukebox Recorder V2. Runs an open source OS called Rockbox.
A.L.
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

Dude, just use Tinkertool (if you're running OSX you should have it anyway, it rocks) and turn on invisible folders. Totally painless.

As the leading MP3 player they have to do stupid shit like that to keep 'the man' from targeting their players as a means of piracy. It sucks but blame the shitheads at the RIAA, you know?
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a Pocket PC or something like that with significant enough space for MP3's? I was thinking of getting one...if not they should make an iPod that is also a Palm Pilot...

MIke
sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

MichaelAlan wrote:
Does anyone know of a Pocket PC or something like that with significant enough space for MP3's? I was thinking of getting one...if not they should make an iPod that is also a Palm Pilot...

MIke

The current issue of MacAddict has all kinds of cool apps that you can run on the Ipod that will basically make it a palm pilot. This is the issue but they don't have the article online http://www.macaddict.com/magazine/
A.L.
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

sonikbliss wrote:
MichaelAlan wrote:

MIke

The current issue of MacAddict has all kinds of cool apps that you can run on the Ipod that will basically make it a palm pilot. This is the issue but they don't have the article online http://www.macaddict.com/magazine/

But are they paid shareware? BAH
sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

A.L. wrote:
sonikbliss wrote:
MichaelAlan wrote:

MIke

Some of them are but I think some are free. BAH
A.L.
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

sonikbliss wrote:
A.L. wrote:
sonikbliss wrote:
MichaelAlan wrote:

MIke

Some of them are but I think some are free. BAH

Ha ha, touché.
thanks for the heads up, btw
veedub242
pluggin' in mics
http://www.thedanger.net/roomzero.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

My friend brought his iPod over and i wanted to copy some of his music. i ran into the same problem. All you have to do is open the ipod as a drive and open the music folder for each artist so you can see each MP3 icon, select all the icons and then drag and drop them into itunes...they will all copy over. Its a small pain but it works...
maz
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kill my iPod...please help me. Reply with quote

veedub242 wrote:
My friend brought his iPod over and i wanted to copy some of his music. i ran into the same problem. All you have to do is open the ipod as a drive and open the music folder for each artist so you can see each MP3 icon, select all the icons and then drag and drop them into itunes...they will all copy over. Its a small pain but it works...

huh? the music folders are hidden when you use the iPod as a drive. Unless the songs are copied just as files and folders.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: