Blue Moon - Belgian White

What's that you're drinking?

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Re: New favorite beer

Post by Ivon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:18 pm

workshed wrote:Blue Moon - Belgian White

Blue Moon is a good, easy going flavorful pale. It's certainly nice.

My personal favs are from the Deschutes brewery in Oregon, WA. - I love Black Butt, er Butte that is (heh) and Obsidian Stout. Actually, on the west coast of the U.S. of Dubbya, I think the Oregon breweries produce consistently superior suds.

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:27 pm

iwokojance wrote:Blue Moon is a good, easy going flavorful pale. It's certainly nice.

My personal favs are from the Deschutes brewery in Oregon, WA. - I love Black Butt, er Butte that is (heh) and Obsidian Stout. Actually, on the west coast of the U.S. of Dubbya, I think the Oregon breweries produce consistently superior suds.

I used to be all about dark beers, but for the last couple years it's been all about pales, wheats, and lighter beers. The McMenanin's Wheat beer is very smooth and tasty in this capacity.

We do have some damn good beers out this way. I rarely drink anymore, though, so i have to choose carefully on the rare occasion that I do.

How long have you been in Bellingham, iwokojance? I went to middle school and high school there.

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:32 pm

workshed wrote:
iwokojance wrote:Blue Moon is a good, easy going flavorful pale. It's certainly nice.

I used to be all about dark beers, but for the last couple years it's been all about pales, wheats, and lighter beers. The McMenanin's Wheat beer is very smooth and tasty in this capacity.

We do have some damn good beers out this way. I rarely drink anymore, though, so i have to choose carefully on the rare occasion that I do.

How long have you been in Bellingham, iwokojance? I went to middle school and high school there.
I haven't had the Wheat beer you're talking about. I'll have to try it. I don't actually live in Bellingham - by my location, I meant between Bellingham and Vancouver, WA (underlined the 'Vancouver in WA', not BC/CA). Kinda a sick, green river type joke for locals. I truly live in the Olympia area. Where you at?

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:35 pm

guinness is really my jam.... i like all the good boutique brews, but i always come home to the good ol' guinness.

john.
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

waitingroom
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by waitingroom » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:42 pm

One time I picked up a 6 pack of Blue Moon at Kroger's and it made me reallly sick for a couple of days. Strange.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:48 pm

Anyone want to take a guess at what' s going on in this picture? Rigsby? BrianK?

Here's another great recent beer thread. Lots of good suugestions:

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=19906

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:54 pm

cgarges wrote:Anyone want to take a guess at what' s going on in this picture? Rigsby? BrianK?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
I'm no Rigsby or BrianK, but my goodness, if those two men aren't sneaking into the truck to shag...

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:10 pm

iwokojance wrote:I haven't had the Wheat beer you're talking about. I'll have to try it. I don't actually live in Bellingham - by my location, I meant between Bellingham and Vancouver, WA (underlined the 'Vancouver in WA', not BC/CA). Kinda a sick, green river type joke for locals. I truly live in the Olympia area. Where you at?
Ah! I'm down by Vancouver -- about 12 miles east of it. Green River! I did spend a year in Maple Valley during the peak of the Green River killings. Never spent too much time in Oly, but I liked it when I was there.

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:29 pm

workshed wrote: Ah! I'm down by Vancouver -- about 12 miles east of it.
Right on...close to Portland, kinda.
workshed wrote: Green River! I did spend a year in Maple Valley during the peak of the Green River killings. Never spent too much time in Oly, but I liked it when I was there.
Yeah, there's definitely a lot of secluded areas in the NW for psychotic killers to gestate. It's beautiful up here, but don't drink the water.
:D Yeah, Oly is nice. I was in Seattle, but moved down here a couple years ago.

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:29 pm

i really like 1554, from the makers of fat tire.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

Zoltar
gettin' sounds

Post by Zoltar » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:51 pm

thegunshyboy wrote:i really like 1554, from the makers of fat tire.
oh my word, Fat Tire is one of the nicest things I have ever tasted. that was in Houston. so I get back to Canada to discover they don't distribute East of the Mississippi. those Rat Bastards.

so, I drown my sorrows with:

Liberty Ale and Anchor Steam Ale from San Francisco

both available in the better LCBO liquor stores in Ontario
and, when in Nashville:

Young's double Choclate Stout from England

served at the Beer Seller, and the Flying Saucer

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:30 am

cgarges wrote:Anyone want to take a guess at what' s going on in this picture? Rigsby? BrianK?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
I'm guessing beer delivery to Abbey Road, could be wrong though as i'm more of a red wine fellow myself.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

psychicoctopus
buyin' a studio

Post by psychicoctopus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:31 am

I can only afford Lone Star lately, $3.59 / 6 x 16 oz. If you're not in Texas and haven't tried it, don't bother.

When I was in Oregon I enjoyed plenty of McMenamins, Deschutes, Full Sail, Rogue, Saxer. When you want to do 0-60 in 12 oz, Saxer Bock (7.2% ABV) does the job almost as well as Optimator.

All the clouds and rain in Oregon made for some gloomy drinkin', though.
Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:53 am

iwokojance wrote:
workshed wrote:Blue Moon - Belgian White

Blue Moon is a good, easy going flavorful pale. It's certainly nice.

Black Butte Porter and Obsidian Stout are two of my favorite beers. Too bad you can't get them out here (not that I've seen, anyway). Those were the two I drank the most when I lived in Seattle.